2022 Ctr Fredrick King (Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2022 Ctr Fredrick King

Postby bird_call » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:09 pm

This year's Cavs had 3 6'11 guys in the starting lineup with Allen, Mobley, and Markannen.

It can work if the guys are agile and at least one of them can hit from distance. Length is in.
bird_call

Postby go_jays » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:41 pm

If anyone can figure out how to make a Kalk/King Kombo be successful... Mac can.
go_jays

Postby Ethanfor3 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:38 pm

This one seems easy to me on the surface.

It's 3 guys for 2 spots. You can easily carve out, say 20 min for king if he spells kalk for 10 and spells art for 10.

He definitely looks athletic enough to play the 4 or 5 depending on whether he's with art or kalk.

If he's really good enough, Mac has proven he'll play a freshman (this year he can point to, even if it was out of necessity)

I say get him and figure it out if we're lucky enough to have that problem.
Ethanfor3

Postby drbluejay » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:11 am

go_jays wrote:If anyone can figure out how to make a Kalk/King Kombo be successful... Mac can.

That might be true but it didn't work when Mac tried it with Kenny Lawson and Gregory Echenique. Kenny ended up on the bench before mid season. I do hope King signs with Creighton.
drbluejay

Postby Eye of the Jay » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:09 am

Any updates on the visit? Seems like the perfect situation for a young freshman to get minutes on a Top 10 team
Eye of the Jay

Postby section221jay » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:03 am

go_jays wrote:If anyone can figure out how to make a Kalk/King Kombo be successful... Mac can.

When has Mac ever shown a willingness to play two bigs together? Not a criticism...his results speak for themselves but I wouldn't hold my breath on any kind of "big" line-up being a thing.
section221jay

Postby Syajeulb » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:41 am

section221jay wrote:

When has Mac ever shown a willingness to play two bigs together? Not a criticism...his results speak for themselves but I wouldn't hold my breath on any kind of "big" line-up being a thing.

Not since days of Grant Stout / Eric Coleman at UNI. But those were Valley bigs, not Big East bigs. So . . .more like running high/low post with two power forwards. Mac talked about it briefly in past (maybe thinking about Martin and Christian, or Christian and Epperson?) but wasn't able to experiment with it because of injuries.
Syajeulb

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:42 am

drbluejay wrote:

That might be true but it didn't work when Mac tried it with Kenny Lawson and Gregory Echenique. Kenny ended up on the bench before mid season. I do hope King signs with Creighton.

Piss poor example to bring up...Mac didn't "try' to make it work...I get vinegar taste just thinking about how Lawson got dogged. Pre-season MVC PoY, avg'g 12 ppg and gets shitcanned mid-season. To his credit, Kenny handled it with class. Echenique was a good player, but should have been incrementally introduced into the system.

Normally, you gradually ease the new guy into the rotation - not an abrupt change. Would Fred King abruptly replace BigRyan in the starting lineup? Would Farabello replace Trey? No! Such a move upsets the flow, chemistry, and style of play. AND the fanbase would explode with anger, angst, and ire.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby go_jays » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:18 pm

section221jay wrote:

When was the last time he had 2 Bigs as talented as Kalk and King?

Now, I didn't say that he should. What I said was, if anyone can figure out how to play with 2 Bigs, Mac can. He seems to have a knack for getting the most out of any "Big" no matter how talented, or what particular skillset he has.

And I'm not holding my breath either. But if it were to come about (and it would obviously only come about if Mac has a vision of it and thinks it will work), it sure would be an interesting/intriguing system to watch. :o
go_jays

Postby cujaysfan » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:33 pm

I expect a small ball lineup w art at C before a twin tower lineup
cujaysfan

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting