2022 Transfer Thread

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2022 Transfer Thread

Postby yankeejay » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:13 am

Could be Frank Farkle, or Franny Farkle or Freddie Freeman when still has 4 years of eligibility
yankeejay

Postby Ethanfor3 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:44 am

LJay wrote:FF = The Thing would rule the paint!

My money would be on Reed Richards. We think Kalk has long arms at the rim, think about Richards!
Ethanfor3

Postby NateFunkyTown » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:17 am

I’m confused, when/where did the FF hint get dropped?
NateFunkyTown

Postby Dough Boy » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:25 am

NateFunkyTown wrote:I’m confused, when/where did the FF hint get dropped?

It is in reference to Helmzy's posts about "F this weekend" and "F times 2?" from a few days ago. Francisco Farabello seems to be the logical guess - besides his initials, he is from TCU (so there is the Ryan Miller connection) and he is Argentinian (which would make sense why Helmzy tweeted the flag of Argentina). Plus, a couple of the coaches and guys from WBR follow him on Twitter. It is all just smoke at this point, but we are reaching Snoop Dogg levels of smoke.
Dough Boy

Postby KenDiapers » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:38 am

I’m expecting a Frankie Farabello commitment this weekend. Sounds like meetings have gone well and the Miller relationship is still really solid.
KenDiapers

Postby Alphawalt » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:55 am

KenDiapers wrote:I’m expecting a Frankie Farabello commitment this weekend. Sounds like meetings have gone well and the Miller relationship is still really solid.

If this is actually the case, I can say I am VERY disappointed. Farabello is very underwhelming. 20 minutes a game, 5 points a game, 2 rebounds, 1.5 assists. Not the kind of player we need or should go after. Seems he should be going to a lesser conference not as an additional piece for us. NOT a good choice at all.
Alphawalt

Postby jaysfan3 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:03 am

Maybe we should trust the coaching staff? It’s not like they are scrambling to find guys. They must like what they see and think he will be a good fit with this group.
jaysfan3

Postby whtblu » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:04 am

Alphawalt wrote:
KenDiapers wrote:I’m expecting a Frankie Farabello commitment this weekend. Sounds like meetings have gone well and the Miller relationship is still really solid.

If this is actually the case, I can say I am VERY disappointed. Farabello is very underwhelming. 20 minutes a game, 5 points a game, 2 rebounds, 1.5 assists. Not the kind of player we need or should go after. Seems he should be going to a lesser conference not as an additional piece for us. NOT a good choice at all.

That was my initial gut reaction as well. Then I thought to myself, do we really need a lot of minutes on the wing next year? No. We are loaded with guards. Could we use a guy who can knock down shots from 3 and defend for 10-15 minutes a game? You can NEVER have enough of those guys. Lots of people have pointed out the big thing that we need as well.....to keep the chemistry of this team intact, maybe Francisco helps keep (or even strengthens) that team chemistry. Assuming there is fire causing all this smoke and he is on the Hilltop he most likely doesn't end up being a All-BE level player.....but we already have 3 or 4 of those type of guys coming back on this roster. I will trust the coaches, especially Miller, on this one. He probably fits the needs that they see us having for next season. Also, reading up on him a lot of TCU fans were sad to see him enter the portal. He is called a "fan favorite" in several posts. I admit, I haven't really seen him play, but based on those stats the only way you are a fan favorite is if you work your ass off and do those things that don't always show up in a stat line (or you are a human victory cigar that gets to play mop-up minutes in a blowout victory).

My question now becomes....when is King committing? Or, if not him, the big that we so desperately need to back up Kalk next year.
whtblu

Postby jaysfan3 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:08 am

It looks like he played good minutes at TCU, but his usage is very low.
jaysfan3

Postby BillyBlueJay1201 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:40 am

Alphawalt wrote:

Career 39% 3pt shooter, great freethrow %, TCU fan favorite...seems like a glue guy who Miller has faith in. CU obviously needs a reserve big man, but having the stable of guards like this at our disposal is something I love. He could be the spark off the bench that CU had this year with Trey (and Rati). Can't get behind you saying "NOT a good choice at all".
"What a joke, I mean its absolutely comical" - Bill Raftery during the Wragge Bombing of 2014
BillyBlueJay1201

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting