2022 Transfer Thread

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2022 Transfer Thread

Postby Jaybird » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:43 pm

vivid_dude wrote:
"F anything" is usually bad.

My mind is immediately going to Kaluma and Trey. Dear God. No.

Nurse, I need more Kool Aid.

Clear, unmistakeable sarcasm, every word.

You really don't handle getting called out, even gently, very well, do you? When you got banned a while back, it must have left a psychic scar of some kind. Made you super-defensive. Ultra sensitive. Something.
Jaybird

Postby vivid_dude » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:50 pm

Jaybird wrote:
vivid_dude wrote:
"F anything" is usually bad.

My mind is immediately going to Kaluma and Trey. Dear God. No.

Nurse, I need more Kool Aid.

Clear, unmistakeable sarcasm, every word.

You really don't handle getting called out, even gently, very well, do you? When you got banned a while back, it must have left a psychic scar of some kind.

You're the only one who doesn't appear to see the sarcasm. This isn't the first time this has happened with you. And in the other instances, different posters chimed in saying, "It's a joke..."

I'll just put this here, because it's a favorite.

Call me out, gently or otherwise, when I'm serious about something and you disagree with it. I love those debates. I made a claim recently that nobody would have taken Trey, Kaluma or Ryan over TyTy at the time, and several people called me out there. They made great points. I conceded and even apologized. No psychic scars. I'm good.

But when I'm talking about needing a nurse to administer Kool Aid and litigating a health condition developed based on a three-word message board post? Nah. It's not my fault you can't seem to decipher the difference. Patch Adams was a good movie though.

Take the L, friend. This is a "you" problem, not a "me" problem.

And down the toilet this thread goes...
(not literally, Jaybird. I'm not actually flushing my laptop or phone down a toilet. I'll make such clarifications going forward!)
Last edited by vivid_dude on Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vivid_dude

Postby Jaybird » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:54 pm

But, see, that's impossible, because every time someone calls you out, whether you simply got a little emotional, or whether you were downright douchy, which is more common, you'll just claim you were being sarcastic. I'm convinced it all goes back to when you were banned. Just a theory.
Jaybird

Postby vivid_dude » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:58 pm

Jaybird wrote:But, see, that's impossible, because every time someone calls you out, whether you simply got a little emotional, or whether you were downright douchy, which is more common, you'll just claim you were being sarcastic. I'm convinced it all goes back to when you were banned. Just a theory.

Show me other examples of where that happened. It's happened with you a few times and you were the only one who didn't get it. Seems to be a theme.

I get that you want to save face.

As for being banned, wasn't that like 10 years ago now? I mean, if that's your theory, or you think that's some dagger to my heart, I won't stop you. You need a victory right now.
vivid_dude

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:22 pm

Sooo, with Wilkinson returning to the bayous, who's next? Souley Boum?
Helluva name and he's a legit player - and from the Bay Area to boot. I had
never heard of Oakland Tech before. Mack, Skyline, O'Dowd, Roosevelt...yes.
1 year with the SF Dons, sat out a year, then 3 with UTEP. A 6th year guy?

As a grad Sr, he could be the instant offense needed for us. Experienced, seasoned,
good shooter, but supposedly streaky? And only 6-3, 165. Let's hope we can snag him.

This wait n see mode is killing me...

If I were a betting man and had Aladdin's lamp, I'd put a shot across the bow at
the Florida decommit - Fwd Malik Reneau. He knows R2, is a versatile fwd, and a decent
shooter. However, regardless - it would be a longshot of a signing. He seems enamored
with staying in the South/in Florida.

Wishing, hoping, singing, praying...Dionne Warwick tunes... :lol:
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby KenDiapers » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:23 pm

Sounds like King is the main target but I’m hearing that we need to watch out for some guys who aren’t already in the portal for the final scholarship.
KenDiapers

Postby go_jays » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:35 pm

The thing abut this wing we are trying to get (whoever it turns out to be)... Seems to me that whoever it is has to be pretty special.... as in a starter and will play 30 minutes a game. Otherwise, why are we wasting a ship on a guy who would just come off the bench. Seems like we have a lot of those already. And if Schtolzberg is that good (And after looking at his highlights, he looks pretty damn good), then a wing that comes off the bench would just delay his development. Unless, they plan to red-shirt him... which most of you don't think will happen.

Yes? No? Hmmmm...
go_jays

Postby whtblu » Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:36 am

Helmzy wrote:
Helmzy wrote:If you'd rather not have me tell you anything then I understand and will keep that in mind. I post on here to hype people up. That's a big part of sports right? I can't say things straight up. I had direct orders from Coach not to. But I thought I would try and hype it up some. I am not looking for attention. I could make a lot more money off of my "insider info" but I've never made more than a free account at Rivals. I am just trying to bring excitement to Creighton fans without disrespecting the coaches and my sources FOR FREE. That's what its always been, I promise.

@ trifecta and whtblue

How, in any way, does "F this weekend" hype up a fanbase. I generally like what you bring to the board, but don't say "F this weekend" was a productive post. You could say "there's going to be some great news coming out this weekend" or "hearing some stuff that might make some of us on this board a little upset this weekend". What you did was unproductive and did not "hype" anyone up. Pointless post. That's all I am saying. You are not a troll, never called you a troll. I said it was troll-ish behavior and I stand behind that comment. "F this weekend" means absolutely nothing.
whtblu

Postby Jaysker12 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:27 am

The thread that keeps on giving. 12 hours later and you guys are still at it lol.
Jaysker12

Postby vivid_dude » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:44 am

Jaysker12 wrote:The thread that keeps on giving. 12 hours later and you guys are still at it lol.

Helmzy sitting back being like:

vivid_dude

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting