2022 Transfer Thread

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2022 Transfer Thread

Postby Dough Boy » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:05 pm

For Gtmo:

Dough Boy

Postby Helmzy » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:07 pm

Helmzy wrote:If you'd rather not have me tell you anything then I understand and will keep that in mind. I post on here to hype people up. That's a big part of sports right? I can't say things straight up. I had direct orders from Coach not to. But I thought I would try and hype it up some. I am not looking for attention. I could make a lot more money off of my "insider info" but I've never made more than a free account at Rivals. I am just trying to bring excitement to Creighton fans without disrespecting the coaches and my sources FOR FREE. That's what its always been, I promise.

@ trifecta and whtblue
Helmzy

Postby Jaysker12 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:24 pm

a 3-word post generated three pages of responses, lmao. Keep it coming Helmzy.
Jaysker12

Postby vivid_dude » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:39 pm

I like Helmzy’s existence.

However, I took “F the weekend” as very negative. And now I’m hyperventilating because my mind went to the worst possible news. And now I may need medical attention.

And now Helmzy has a lawsuit on his hands.
vivid_dude

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:42 pm

Transfers with known CU Interest - updated 4-13-22
** Grad Transfer
Blue= Best wing candidates imho
Brown= Committed elsewhere

Guards Hgt Pts Splits Fm
DeAndre Gholston UWM / Mizzou
Sam Griesell N. Dak St. / UNL
Erik Stevenson** So Carolina / WVA
Mark Sears Ohio U / Alabama
Will Richard So Belmont / Florida
Cam Hayes Jr NC St. / LSU
Sean McNeil Sr WVA /
Jalein Llewellyn** Princeton / Clemson
Tristen Newton Sr E Carolina / UConn

Cam Wynter** 6_2 15.8 43/28/80 Drexel
Ethan Wright** 6_3 14.7 50/40/71 Princeton
Souley Boum** 6_3 19.8 41/37/85 UTEP

Forwards
Jaylan Gainey Brown U / Fla St.
Dischon Thomas 6_9 Colo St / Montana
Mwani Wilkinson 6_6 SF LSU / LSU
(back to)

Ben Carlson 6_10 Wisconsin

Center
F Aimaq 7_0 Utah Valley
Gabe Wiznitzer 6_11 L'ville
Xavier Foster 7_0 DNP Iowa St

2022 Frosh Decomits w Jays Interest

Fred King Ctr Louisville
DJ Jefferson SF Tulsa

"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ

gtmoBlue
Last edited by gtmoBlue on Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Syajeulb » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:37 pm

vivid_dude wrote:I like Helmzy’s existence.

However, I took “F the weekend” as very negative. And now I’m hyperventilating because my mind went to the worst possible news. And now I may need medical attention.

I'm with you, vivid. Fortunately, I am a licensed physician, so I can help you if needed.
Syajeulb

Postby Trifecta » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:46 pm

Helmzy wrote:
Helmzy wrote:If you'd rather not have me tell you anything then I understand and will keep that in mind. I post on here to hype people up. That's a big part of sports right? I can't say things straight up. I had direct orders from Coach not to. But I thought I would try and hype it up some. I am not looking for attention. I could make a lot more money off of my "insider info" but I've never made more than a free account at Rivals. I am just trying to bring excitement to Creighton fans without disrespecting the coaches and my sources FOR FREE. That's what its always been, I promise.

@ trifecta and whtblue

Fair enough. I usually appreciate your contributions to the board also - post whatever you want, you certainly don't need my permission. I just found that particular tidbit extremely pointless; rather than generating "hype," it just generates a reaction - any reaction. Could be good news, good be bad news, could be gibberish. Could be a certain transfer with those initials. I just found it to be churn at worst and an "inside joke" of sorts at best for others that have an inkling of what it really means. And sort of hypocritical that you can't say things straight, but you are willing to out Coach as your source. Comes off again as attention-seeking saying "my sources are the coaches."

So I'll just practice what I preach and move on. The argument is pointless also, so why did I even say anything? My bad. No hard feelings.
Trifecta

Postby vivid_dude » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:25 pm

LJay wrote:Bwahahahaha! Maybe this is the smoking gun.

This reminded me of a recent conversation with some other Jay fans. Who are the recruits that "got away" in recent years? And how did they end up doing? Mine, in no particular order...

Ian Steere - this was the kid I wanted to be a Jay more than anyone based on his HS tape. This is a good time to remind everyone that I should never be hired as a college recruiter. Ian hasn't done much.
Kerwin Walton - awesome shooter, his game seemed to fit CU, I wanted to beat North Carolina. He hasn't done much.
Tristan Enaruna - another guy I thought was coming to Creighton, but went elsewhere. He hasn't done much.
TyTy Washington - I guess I'm the jilted lover. He did pretty well, but CU ended up better without him.
The Artist Formerly Known as Tugs - legendary thread. Ended up being a stain on CU's resume. Riding the pine in NBA. Accomplished nothing in college.
Isaac Traudt - I wanted the Nebraska kid as a Jay. TBD how this turns out.
Daniel Batcho - this may be an under-the-radar one, but I really liked his game. (Please note, again, I suck at evaluating HS talent apparently)

Of interest, several of these guys didn't make it work at programs perceived as better than Creighton. The Jays staff don't have many high-level freshmen recruits transferring out.

The grouping of Hunter Sallis, Tucker DeVries, Shaedon Sharpe, Joshua Primo, and Chucky Hepburn could be included, but I never felt like these guys were coming to Omaha. I thought we we had a great shot with the above guys.

Honorable mention: Tamar Bates and Zach Harvey, for some weird reasons

Who am I missing?
vivid_dude

Postby Jaybird » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:04 pm

Or, you could relax a little. Everything's going to be fine.
Jaybird

Postby vivid_dude » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:27 pm

Jaybird wrote:

Or, you could relax a little. Everything's going to be fine.

Come on, man! You really, truly need to invest in a modern sarcasm-detector.

The one you apparently ordered on your flip phone, while returning a VHS copy of Patch Adams to Blockbuster isn't working, and sadly, out of warranty.

I guess the thing that didn't need to be said, needs to be said for Jaybird. Helmzy, don't worry. I didn't actually seek medical attention and you don't have to worry about being sued. :roll:
vivid_dude

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting