Hunter Sallis offered (Gonzaga Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Hunter Sallis offered

Postby bluejayfan00 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:09 pm

Visiting campus today.
bluejayfan00

Postby bluejayfan00 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:12 am

Added a Kansas St offer
bluejayfan00

Postby bluejayfan00 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:23 am

Rivals' Corey Evans did a Q and A with fans on Twitter and a question was asked about Sallis: "What do you give the chances of Hunter Sallis staying in-State? Creighton or Nebraska more likely?"

Evans response: I will round it out to 60-percent. Hunter Sallis, the top 2021 Nebraska prospect, already holds offers from Creighton and Nebraska. He told Rivals.com last week that he speaks often with Fred Hoiberg, but that he is also on Creighton’s campus ever so often for games during the college season or to play pick-up with their team. The comfort factor and relationships that are forged with Sallis seem to be fairly important whenever it comes to selecting a college, which is why each has a good chance with Nebraska the likeliest at the time being.

However, Sallis is wide open with his recruitment. Kansas State has recruited him pretty heavily and so has Iowa State, a program that might be my choice for who he would commit to today if he felt the need to end his recruitment. He is intrigued by some of the west coast schools, including Oregon, but a college decision remains some time away."
bluejayfan00

Postby bluejayfan00 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:20 am

Scheduled his first official visit, Nebraska.

UCONN offered yesterday.
bluejayfan00

Postby bluejayfan00 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:27 am

New article on Sallis. I feel like this is going to be a tough one to land. https://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recrui ... c56e1.html

Says relationship with Creighton and Nebraska are good, NU has been on him harder since the hire of Hoiberg. Says Creighton is still "on the top of my mind."
Wants to take visits to Missouri, UCLA, and Oregon. Cal recently offered, and said Arizona is now in contact.
bluejayfan00

Postby Chicagojayfan » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:08 am

bluejayfan00 wrote:New article on Sallis. I feel like this is going to be a tough one to land. https://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recrui ... c56e1.html

Says relationship with Creighton and Nebraska are good, NU has been on him harder since the hire of Hoiberg. Says Creighton is still "on the top of my mind."
Wants to take visits to Missouri, UCLA, and Oregon. Cal recently offered, and said Arizona is now in contact.

We've known he was going to be tough to land for quite a while. He's getting national interest.

Of course, the examples of Khyri Thomas and Patton versus Akoy Agau might be good ones ;)
Chicagojayfan

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:09 am

He's a ranked kid, no. 55 on Rivals. Can't hide him in a corn sack. Folks will find him. Like how the west coast schools are adding up on his list.
Someone said that his Dad or both parents were Huskers. I'd be worried about DA and UO.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby cu8493 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:28 am

I can understand to an extent (though would be very disappointed) losing him to Nebraska and Hoiberg if the parents are big Sker fans, but to lose him to anyone else not named Duke or Kansas is unfathomable to me. We are the home town school with a national reputation and national fan base (I know not on the level of a Duke or Kansas), in a conference with a recent double national championship, not to mention UCONN coming - a perennial top 5 conference and playing nationally relevant teams in non-conference each season, have put several players in the NBA, and play a guard-reliant uptempo style of basketball. You aren't going to get all of them, but as long as he qualifies for admission (and I assume he does), there can be no excuse for losing him to the likes of the teams currently on his offer list (UNL aside depending on the folk's affinity for that school), in my opinion.
cu8493

Postby bluejayb13 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:26 pm

cu8493 wrote:I can understand to an extent (though would be very disappointed) losing him to Nebraska and Hoiberg if the parents are big Sker fans, but to lose him to anyone else not named Duke or Kansas is unfathomable to me. We are the home town school with a national reputation and national fan base (I know not on the level of a Duke or Kansas), in a conference with a recent double national championship, not to mention UCONN coming - a perennial top 5 conference and playing nationally relevant teams in non-conference each season, have put several players in the NBA, and play a guard-reliant uptempo style of basketball. You aren't going to get all of them, but as long as he qualifies for admission (and I assume he does), there can be no excuse for losing him to the likes of the teams currently on his offer list (UNL aside depending on the folk's affinity for that school), in my opinion.

Losing him to UNL would be far worse IMO. It would go as far to say that even though Creighton has produced more draft picks and program success, local recruits see Hoiberg and staff as the better option for team and individual success. Lose the edge Creighton has had in local recruiting and we are in big trouble.
bluejayb13

Postby JacobPadilla » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:00 am

gtmoBlue wrote:He's a ranked kid, no. 55 on Rivals. Can't hide him in a corn sack. Folks will find him. Like how the west coast schools are adding up on his list.
Someone said that his Dad or both parents were Huskers. I'd be worried about DA and UO.

His mom played at San Diego State.
JacobPadilla

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting