Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.
Post a reply

Re: 2015 G Khyri Thomas (Signed)

Sat May 02, 2015 11:25 pm

I see a little Rodney B. in his game

Sat May 02, 2015 11:53 pm

What is nice to see he can score well at the basket with both hands. I like his body control. Hope his quick hands on defense translates to College.

Sun May 03, 2015 12:55 am

I told you guys he was good. He was the best athlete and defender in the 2014 class, and he also led Class A in scoring while he was at it. Just a long, bouncy athlete with a pretty nice mid-range pull-up.

Sun May 03, 2015 7:26 am

This is why judging our recruiting by ratings is a joke. If Khyri had played in Virginia Beach (just a random city :) ), he might have been a 4-star with the exposure there and this highlight tape. Seriously, look at this tape and Chris Clarke's and tell me who's better. If we were consistently bringing in guys who can't measure up, I'd be worried. But that isn't the case.

Sun May 03, 2015 9:43 am

Wizard of Westroads wrote:This is why judging our recruiting by ratings is a joke. If Khyri had played in Virginia Beach (just a random city :) ), he might have been a 4-star with the exposure there and this highlight tape. Seriously, look at this tape and Chris Clarke's and tell me who's better. If we were consistently bringing in guys who can't measure up, I'd be worried. But that isn't the case.

Dude, be careful, you're threatening some people's raison d'etre.

Sun May 03, 2015 2:31 pm

I don't think anyone on this board regards ranking services and their opinions as sacred text. It's just that from a point of statistics and data, teams that find the most success in college basketball land, on average, higher rated recruits than the teams that don't have success. In statistics, there are outliers. It's becoming clear that Khyri is such an outlier, for whatever reason (academic ineligibility, location, late bloomer?). Credit is due to our coaching staff for being able to pick out his talent in somewhat of a vacuum.

Sun May 03, 2015 10:59 pm

slaw wrote:I see a little Rodney B. in his game

Khyri will make you forget the name Brice Nengsu.

Mon May 04, 2015 7:23 am

I think it is time to restore the dunk contest to Bluejay Madness.

Mon May 04, 2015 11:50 am

Who is Brice Nengsu?

Mon May 04, 2015 12:16 pm

CURx wrote:Who is Brice Nengsu?

The guy who was supposed to make us forget Rodney Buford.
Post a reply