TRANSFER :: Marcus Foster (Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

TRANSFER :: Marcus Foster (Commit)

Postby hilltopalum » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:57 pm

Things don't sound too rosy in Manhattan.

He was a huge target of the Jays in 2013, who was down to Creighton and K-State but committed to KSU on his visit before making his way to Omaha.

Watch this space.

http://www.bringonthecats.com/2015/1/3/7486853/k-state-marcus-foster-is-at-a-breaking-point
Last edited by hilltopalum on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
hilltopalum

Re: Marcus Foster

Postby R Jay » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:00 pm

He would be an instant starter. That's for sure. I'd love to have him, as long as his disagreement is due to his situation rather than his personality and as long as he fits in with our team.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby fritzpointer » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:31 pm

Man he broke our hearts when he committed to kstate. Hope he gets his game together. He's a good one. Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Postby AttyAlum » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:06 pm

Not surprised that Bruce Webber and Chris Lowery are having some struggles in Manhattan. Who wants to play in that offense?
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby hilltopalum » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:29 am

AttyAlum wrote:Not surprised that Bruce Webber and Chris Lowery are having some struggles in Manhattan. Who wants to play in that offense?

sounds like Foster finally finding out it's not helpful for next level development.
hilltopalum

Postby bluejayfan00 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:04 pm

I'd defecate myself if he came here. Easily one of the best guards in the Big 12
bluejayfan00

Postby D Jay Fan » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:26 pm

This has nothing to do with Marcus. Does school have to start before you are considered using up your whole year of eligibility? Would some players, theoretically, be able to play come second semester next year if they called it a season. Didn't GE have to wait until school started?
D Jay Fan

Postby R Jay » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:51 pm

D Jay Fan wrote:This has nothing to do with Marcus. Does school have to start before you are considered using up your whole year of eligibility? Would some players, theoretically, be able to play come second semester next year if they called it a season. Didn't GE have to wait until school started?

I believe as long as a player were to transfer to (and enroll in) the new school before that school's second semester that he would have 2.5 years of eligibility left, but I may be wrong.
As to the second part, I think GE's first game was Idaho State or Western Illinois during Christmas Break, so after the first semester had ended, but before the second semester.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby fritzpointer » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:51 am

OK so I click on Hilltopalum twitter and it says "Marcus Foster will look great doing that at the CLink. Is this going to happen?
fritzpointer

Postby Chicagojayfan » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:31 am

fritzpointer wrote:OK so I click on Hilltopalum twitter and it says "Marcus Foster will look great doing that at the CLink. Is this going to happen?

No inside information whatsoever, but there is this:

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports. ... olarships/

Key quote:

"Foster was a borderline top 150 recruit throughout his high school career, but after a dismal July live period after his junior season in high school, Foster ended up on the wrong side of the cut line. The 6-foot-2 guard put on a few extra pounds, was forced to play center for his high school team in Wichita Falls, Texas, and watched as everyone other than Kansas State and Creighton yanked those scholarship offers that they had thrown at him just months earlier."
Chicagojayfan

Next

Return to Recruiting