2014 F Cole Huff (Transfer Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

2014 F Cole Huff (Transfer Commit)

Postby hilltopalum » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:36 pm

Nothing on the web to indicate the Jays are interested, especially since we have no room, but Nevada transfer Cole Huff seems like he would succeed in Creighton's offense. Stretch four with great shot who rebounds well. Cole is a Sophomore and would have to sit then have two years left.
Last edited by hilltopalum on Sun May 04, 2014 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hilltopalum

Re: 2014 F Cole Huff (Transfer)

Postby LJay » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:26 pm

We'll fancy that, Hilltop mentions a kid out of the blue and then all of a sudden there are tweets stating that Creighton has been granted "a release" to talk with Cole (Iowa too).

That hilltop is amazing how he can magically mention a kid and, poof, it happens! ;)
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Jet915 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:19 pm

LJay wrote:We'll fancy that, Hilltop mentions a kid out of the blue and then all of a sudden there are tweets stating that Creighton has been granted "a release" to talk with Cole (Iowa too).

That hilltop is amazing how he can magically mention a kid and, poof, it happens! ;)

Sounds like Nevada blocked 43 schools on the west coast cause they think he was tampered with (I guess NC State isn't the only school that tampers). Initially story states he wants to play closer to home (California). 45% from the field, 40% from 3 last year, 12 ppg. Nice stat line. Guess it sounds like we are still recruiting...
Jet915

Postby BoarCommaThe » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:15 am

CBS Sports' Jeff Borzello just retweeted someone that said Creighton and Iowa have requested and received a release for Cole Huff.

Does this mean that we can talk with him by requesting a release?
You can't chase the night - World Wide Wes

Picture me Rollin - Tupac Shakur
BoarCommaThe

Postby AttyAlum » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:10 pm

BoarCommaThe wrote:CBS Sports' Jeff Borzello just retweeted someone that said Creighton and Iowa have requested and received a release for Cole Huff.

Does this mean that we can talk with him by requesting a release?

Yup, that is exactly what it means. He is free to talk to us and even transfer here if he so desires. He would, of course, still have to sit out a year since he doesn't fall under the senior exception.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby fritzpointer » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:44 pm

Looks like Cole is going to have some sort of a hearing to try to get some of the limits lifted as to where he can transfer.
fritzpointer

Postby Duke1Agn » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:02 am

Dayton, Iowa, Michigan, Vanderbilt, and Creighton are the schools of most interest to Cole according to Twitter.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby Jaysker12 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:04 am

As of yesterday, UCLA, USC, Pepperdine, Loyola Marymount and USD were all removed from Huff's restricted list.

http://www.rgj.com/story/sports/college ... s/7848339/

Anyone know anything about his game other than 3's? Looks like he would be a good pickup but I never watched Nevada play this season
Jaysker12

Postby section221jay » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:55 am

fritzpointer wrote:Looks like Cole is going to have some sort of a hearing to try to get some of the limits lifted as to where he can transfer.

not to hijack the thread but these kinds of restrictions on players are a load of crap.
section221jay

Postby Jet915 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:06 pm

Interesting....figured we were out of the running once west coast schools got released.

Tom Kakert ‏@HawkeyeReport 6m
Hoops transfer Cole Huff sets his visit date to Iowa and Dayton. Working on date with Creighton.

Some "message board" fodder from a Michigan fan if you want to believe it.

I mentioned in the last Cole Huff thread that I work with his father at a High School in Inglewood. He stands outside my classroom between each class period and we talk basketball so I have a fairly good relationship for aquiring inside info in this case. I just spoke with him an gathered some valuable intel.

Cole "won" his appeal to Nevada's blocked schools. They unblocked 5 schools: Pepperdine, San Diego State, UCLA, USC and I think Santa Barbara. Cole is not interested in USC because he does not like their coaches (there was a situation with one of their assistants when Cole was a senior in high school that has soured him to that staff). The only one of those schools that he is really interested in is UCLA. He is still waiting to hear from them. His former AAU coach told him on Saturday that UCLA wanted to do an in home visit today or tomorrow but he has not heard anything since. IF UCLA offers, they will be the favorite.

The current favorite is Iowa. Cole and his dad are planning a visit and have very strong interest. Creighton has been pushing hard and he likes them as well but they seem to be behind Iowa.

It does not sound like Michigan has acctually given commitable offers to Cole or Byron Wesly just yet. Cole's dad told me that Belien is only really interested in the two of them if McGary decided to leave and the coaching staff is still waiting on that decision (from the sound of it the Mitch is still genuinely undecided). It was somewhat unclear if Huff and Wesley were only interested in Michigan if McGary left or if Michigan was only interested in them in McGary's gone. Either way, those two are only in the fold if McGary is not. I realize that that doesn't really make sense since they would have to sit out a year and McGary is likely gone after next year either way, but that is the information I was given. Maybe with MAAR's commitment they don't have the scholarship to offer but I was under the impression that they still had one spot open.

I will try to gather more information and clear up some of the ambiguities in the post after the next class period ends.

Go Blue!
Jet915

Next

Return to Recruiting