Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Xavier

Postby RVB » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:07 am

Shatel: Beasts of Big East? Maybe they play just down the street

http://www.omaha.com/article/20140112/B ... the-street
RVB

Postby AttyAlum » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:13 am

I would have liked to have seen Hanson defend Stainbrook a little. He's got the the mass that Will lacks. I wonder if he'd have been more effective in keeping Stainbrook from backing down the defender and getting a high percentage shots.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby ShockerlandJay » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:29 am

Here are the three Wragge bombs
----------------------------------------------------------------------

ShockerlandJay

Postby LynchMob » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:43 am

ueker wrote:First, I know this won't win me any points, but I really tire of all the bitching about the officials here. Jays get screwed on occasion, Jays get breaks on occasion. Pretty sure it all evens out in the end. Officiating is very hard to do. Fans see the game from different angles than the refs see it. Things always look different depending on the angle you see it.

I don't care if you call it tight or call it loose as long as it's called the same on both ends which it clearly wasn't today. Creighton couldn't buy a foul when our guards were driving through tons of contact while the refs gave them out like candy under their basket.

Second, there is no excuse for taking 3+ minutes to figure out a substitution. If that's on the scorer, it's on the scorer. It's terrible form for Xavier, out of timeouts because of poor coaching, to get their longest one of the day because officials don't have their house in order. Then after the official blew his whistle to stop the timeout huddle with the whole Xavier squad on the court, they still let the coach out on the court to coach up his guy at the 3-point line. That should not happen. I guarantee Mac is getting a T if he is out talking to Doug waiting to be handed the ball.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:36 am

ShockerlandJay wrote:Here are the three Wragge bombs

He chops down trees, he eats his lunch and then he shoots down threes . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zey8567bcg
Wizard of Westroads

Postby bigredtank » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:54 am

Those threes came from four point land. Simply amazing what a lumberjack can do...and that's okay.
bigredtank

Postby taa71458 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:06 am

ShockerlandJay wrote:Here are the three Wragge bombs

Oh...my...god...
taa71458

Postby cujaysfan » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:15 am

is there some sort of other professional league above the nba that has an even further out 3 pt line that i don't even know about that the lumberjack is preparing for?

those are ridiculous!

Wragge just went plaid there!
cujaysfan

Postby section202jay » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:16 am

The win yesterday was easily our best of the season. The team showed a little bit of everything in it. I was tremendously proud of the effort they displayed in fighting back and playing intense all game. I have a lot of respect for Xavier though. They play good basketball and are going to be a force for years. I knew they were big but they had a multitude of players that seemed to be 6'8" with large wingspans. Not just UNI Panthers 6'8" oafs but 6'8" athletes that can do it all.

Doug was absolutely amazing. That was his best performance since the Wichita State regular season finale for the MVC title. To do all of that with a bum shoulder was something to behold.
section202jay

Postby BoarCommaThe » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:31 am

Is that last Wraggebomb close to 30 feet away?!
You can't chase the night - World Wide Wes

Picture me Rollin - Tupac Shakur
BoarCommaThe

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops