The reason I hate UNL

Return to Off Topic

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby Jaynut » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:57 pm

If Minnesota hangs 50 on them - oh my. They may not let Riley back into the state.
Jaynut

Postby cujaysfan » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:08 pm

must see TV - handsome bobby's next PC

"there's no reasonable reason to think I'll ever get a job again"
cujaysfan

Postby taa71458 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:54 pm

Apparently a caller dropped an F bomb on Big Red Overreactiom
taa71458

Postby flixx » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:04 am

Greatest Fans In The World...

One yelled, “Give me your helmet, I can do better than that.” A couple of players flashed glances of disbelief before completely tuning fans out. By the time the score reached 47-14, those fans, and a few others dressed in red, had left the stadium.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/from-the-sidelines-husker-fans-in-minnesota-voice-displeasure-with/article_17b32dd8-c71f-11e7-9533-1b9477b040fb.html
flixx

Postby blueblood » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:23 am

Paragraph story in the OWH that at the Nebraska girls volleyball state championships they did not give husker football score updates over the PA system. Kid u not.
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Postby Jaybird » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:14 pm

blueblood wrote:Paragraph story in the OWH that at the Nebraska girls volleyball state championships they did not give husker football score updates over the PA system. Kid u not.

Kind of a disservice to the fans. On the other hand, that'd be a little like issuing status updates on how Lincoln was enjoying his night at the theater. Some things are better left unsaid.
Jaybird

Postby joekoboji » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:11 am

blueblood wrote:Paragraph story in the OWH that at the Nebraska girls volleyball state championships they did not give husker football score updates over the PA system. Kid u not.

I was watching the Marian-MN game on TV. Incredible, high-level volleyball. Unsurprisingly, Huskerdom had to creep into the broadcast at a time when a Husker analogy was not the obvious choice. After one of Emily Bressman's 643 kills, good ol' UNL mouthpiece Larry Putney was attempting to draw comparisons between Bressman and a collegiate vball player. He says, "she's so powerful and explosive, does she remind you of Hannah Werth?" Being a Bluejay commit, it would seem apt to make a Jalii Winters analogy instead, but maybe I am just touchy. Is TV this difficult?
"I've got more than enough to eat at home."
joekoboji

Postby JayPak » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:36 pm

I hope Bressman will remind me of Jaali Winters and not remind me of Hannah Werth when I watch her play. Winters goes out and plays the sport enthusiastically and skillfully; Werth did the same while adding annoying over-the-top ridiculous celebration antics.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby blueblood » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:13 pm

The OWH sent a writer to Creighton game and not to the nu game. Thinking that is a first.
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Postby White&BlueDude » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:36 am

I will never not love this...

https://gfycat.com/homelyblushingharpseal

Glorious
White&BlueDude

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic