Ryan Kalkbrenner

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Ryan Kalkbrenner

Postby WBR Tom » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:36 pm

He didn’t make an announcement last year either. The NBA’s press release two days after the deadline is when it became public knowledge that he’d entered the draft.

When he withdrew a few weeks later, he did it with one sentence on Twitter instead of an “edit” or graphic. This low key thing is kinda his MO.
WBR Tom

Postby sdebole059 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:06 pm

Even last year though we had a good idea he entered the draft before it was officially released lol
sdebole059

Postby bleedblue » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:23 pm

I had heard he's declared for the draft but keeping his eligibility.
bleedblue

Postby LJay » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:10 pm

Yeah, the compilation I attached at the start of this thread is likely only stuff they were able to glean from the web or whatnot. If someone is silent on the issue they likely don’t know. But, it was something when we had nothing so I posted.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Syajeulb » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:21 am

This silence is killing me.
Syajeulb

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:27 am

Syajeulb wrote:This silence is killing me.

If there were a journalist covering the Jays in Omaha, then Rob Anderson's phone would be ringing this morning (and yesterday) asking for a statement on Kalk's status. A "Creighton declined to comment" story (or even a tweet) would follow. Same thing tomorrow.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby Altmanforprez » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:13 am

He’s almost certainly entering the draft with the intent to come back barring a drastic change in his stock. I’m confident the coaches know what his plan is even if it’s not been publicly announced.
Altmanforprez

Postby vivid_dude » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:49 am

I'm sure there is bias here, but it would be my strongly-held opinion that Kalkbrenner returning to CU would be the most significant offseason decision in all of college basketball. Other than Zach Edey, I don't think one player was/is more important to his team than Kalk was/is to Creighton. His impact on both ends of the court is worth 10-12 wins, IMO. If he returns, we can win the Big East. If he doesn't, it feels like a rebuilding year and CU hopes to avoid the play-in game at MSG.

There may be players more talented or NBA-ready or that put up gaudier stats. But nobody is more important. I've said it before, I'll say it again - Creighton's entire offensive and defensive gameplans are scripted around Kalkbrenner. Our opponents' entire offensive and defensive gameplans are scripted around Kalkbrenner. He is a difference maker in ways few other players are.

Despite this, the year was filled with hilariously terrible opinions about Kalk from "fans" on this board. To those fans, despite Kalk being soft, not intimidating, uninterested and uncaring, I still hope he returns. :roll:
vivid_dude

Postby SeattleJay » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:55 am

Last year the early entry deadline was 4/23 and the NBA issued the list on 4/25
SeattleJay

Postby TrueBlueJay » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:18 am

He has put his hat in the ring - May 29th is the final day to withdraw from the NBA draft.
TrueBlueJay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops