Oregon Game Thread

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Oregon Game Thread

Postby 3ontheway » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:13 am

Kalk was the difference IMO. He changes the game in so many ways.

Baylor, please shave. Please
3ontheway

Postby CUGrads03 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:14 am

This game had it all. Plenty of terribleness. Plenty of head scratchers and second guessing. Enough periods of highs. Just enough balls of steel. And some top notch coaching. Left to right on the pendulum, back and forth all night. Legendary and puke worthy at the same time. Congrats to our boys for finding a way. Survive and advance. It’s March baby.
Colors True...
CUGrads03

Postby Realhoops » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:17 am

3ontheway wrote:Kalk was the difference IMO. He changes the game in so many ways.

Baylor, please shave. Please

Sucks that Dante got such an impressive stat line. It did NOT come against Kalkbrenner. Kalk kept having to rotate and try to help everyone else who couldn’t keep Cousnard in check and then nobody on the back side got a body on Dante. He was living on cleaning up uncontested on the back. Everytime he tried to go one on one against Kalk in the post he struggled. And the few times we went to Kali side Kalk feasted.

The stats won’t show how dominant Kalk really was in that matchup when it actually happened one on one.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby kutter » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:22 am

Gentlemen we have arrived!! 3 sweet 16 appearances in four years. Not a beautiful game but they don’t quit. Thank you Dana for setting the table, hats off to Greg for taking us to another level I could only dream of, I sat through Rick Johnson era with less than 1,000 fans in the stands. Thank you Bruce for bringing Dana to Omaha!!! Go Jays!
kutter

Postby BenningtonBluejay » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:25 am

bluejayfan00 wrote:Tough group of kids we have. That game was all but lost, and they battled their asses off.

3 Sweet 16's in 4 years. That's something Dana wouldn't even believe if you told him that 20 years ago. The job Mac has done is nothing short of incredible.

As for Dana, I really hope the whispers throughout the year of him retiring after this year aren't true. He's a hell of a coach. Hall of Fame level. Oregon was so hurt all year long, and played the last dozen or so games of the year with like 8 available players. If they would have been fully healthy all year, they're probably a lot closer to our seed line than an 11.

What a great night for our program.

Would be a bit poetic. The program he built from the ground up is what see him out. Man we are so blessed with the last 30 years of jays basketball
BenningtonBluejay

Postby cufan10 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:29 am

That was an all-timer. Ice cold for a while still battled and grinded to get a huge W. I think back to the 3 OT game at Seton Hall and can't help but think that prepared us for this one. The grind that is the Big East regular season is excellent preparation for anything you could see in the dance. Pumped for Friday!
cufan10

Postby KenoshaJay » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:36 am

Sweet Sixteen!!!

GO JAYS...!
KenoshaJay

Postby jaybacker11 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:01 am

LETS GO BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW SWEET IT IS!
jaybacker11

Postby GWJay » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:03 am

Thankfully didn't end that game by puking. Instead, total elation as we stomped on what we knew was an inferior team for 45 minutes. Tickets to Detroit booked, let's go ahead and do the damn thing.
GWJay

Postby GWJay » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:12 am

I'll also note, gave my dad a big hug tonight. I'm 27, rooted for the Jays from the time I was in the womb. We have together seen the transition from MVC days to the BE and both agreed that tonight ended up being the most satisfying win we have watched in the tourney.

Directly mentioned the Taylor 3-pointer against Florida to him tonight (after he pulled me outta 1st grade to skip school to watch) as a tangent to tonight and we agreed it couldn't compare. Frustrating at times, but put a book-end to our past, stamped the current, and gives us eyes wide open for the future. What a god damn game, incredibly proud for the lads in fighting back. RDJ.
GWJay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops