2024 Transfer Portal (Creighton-related)

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: 2024 Transfer Portal (Creighton-related)

Postby Jaysfan100 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:57 pm

Helmzy wrote:https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/rubin-jones-1.html
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/pl ... uel-1.html

I take it one of them will be a back up point to ash ?
Jaysfan100

Postby LJay » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:57 pm

Dough Boy wrote:
Dough Boy wrote:

I know this is silly, but it always bugged me that we unretired Portman's number.

Back in the moth balls!!! Right next to my wife’s wedding dress??!!
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:59 pm

cujaysfan wrote:He needs to play in simpler offense and defensive systems. Remember he's only been playing for a few years and it just isn't clicking for him

But will always remember his effort in Iowa game this season and his solid production last year when kalk was out.

I think that makes sense - a more traditional defensive scheme and offensive scheme should help him. He had his moments and he has talent, but it just didn't come together

Good luck to him!

Even if Kalk comes back for next year, we are looking to be smaller at the 5 w/ Traudt likely the backup 5 if Kalkbrenner comes back and him and likely a transfer at the 5 if Kalk goes pro
Chicagojayfan

Postby Helmzy » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:18 am

We are out on Maddox
Helmzy

Postby AttyAlum » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:58 am

Helmzy wrote:We are out on Maddox

I don’t know if this is due to $$ or not, but the situation is changing rapidly. New coaching hires include contract provisions regarding size of NIL now. We may have been in good position before in terms of NIL but the NIL inflation rate is substantially higher than that in the underlying economy, which is pretty damn high itself!
Last edited by AttyAlum on Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby HandDownManDown » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:18 am

AttyAlum wrote:
Helmzy wrote:We are out on Maddox

I dint know if this is due to $$ or not, but the situation is changing rapidly. New coaching hires include contract provisions regarding size of NIL now. We may have been in good position before in terms of NIL but the NIL inflation rate is substantially higher than that in the underlying economy, which is pretty damn high itself!

This was inevitable if you ask me.

The list of teams that are doing well on-court right now is going to be quite different from the ones that will be excelling 3-5 years from now.
HandDownManDown

Postby LJay » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:46 am

Yeah, noting the Creighton mention here but mentions are a nothingburger in this NIL shit show.

89 - 60
LJay

Postby LarrysHouse20 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:27 am

Helmzy wrote:My sources are not the coaches. It runs from boosters to friends of teammates to people like tipton and Trilly. I respect your guys opinion on not wanting Pop here for the baggage. I really do, I see your point. From a numbers standpoint, I disagreed so that's why I DM'd those people on Twitter

Growing up, McDermott was my favorite coach throughout middle school and high school. When I was at Wayne State, you can imagine all the stories I heard from there. So if the coaching staff wants a recruit, I don't want people hurting our chances to get him. Most were bashing his numbers and I disagreed with them. It's a twitter account called CreighTakes, respectfully I can do what I want on it and block whoever I want and say whatever I want. It's fine if you disagree with my opinion.

But I don't understand the personal callouts. Everyone I have met at watch parties or wherever, I've had great interactions with them. It's a pussy move to sit behind a fake name and call me things and accuse me of stuff when it's wrong. I promise you if you meet me in person, you wouldn't have a problem with me. Be nice, we are all on the same team.

i read this and just had to create an acct to say my peace!!! There is soooooo much in this message that is BS and not true- playing the victim is hilarious tho lmao .

with all the other crap ppl have pointed out , you runnin up tabs with bookies then not paying them is some BS and pretty terrible. one of my buddies personally too.

dont be fooled by the act everyone. rant over, for now !
LarrysHouse20

Postby Helmzy » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:59 am

You guys used to say I lie when I said the coaches give me info. Now you think I lie when I say the coaches don't give me info. Which one is it?
Helmzy

Postby #RollJays » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:21 am

Take it to the DMs boys
#RollJays

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops