2024 Transfer Portal (Creighton-related)

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: 2024 Transfer Portal (Creighton-related)

Postby Realhoops » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:13 am

I don’t think very many people are surprised. He had a shot to be drafted last year, came back, risked hurting his stock and didn’t really make a leap, still has a shot, and next years draft class looks to be much tougher.

I don’t understand anyone who thought he would portal. To me it was always likely this, with outside shot of coming back to try to have a Baylor-like offseason and jump.

Wish him nothing but the best.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby SDJay » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:37 am

Realhoops wrote:I don’t think very many people are surprised. He had a shot to be drafted last year, came back, risked hurting his stock and didn’t really make a leap, still has a shot, and next years draft class looks to be much tougher.

I don’t understand anyone who thought he would portal. To me it was always likely this, with outside shot of coming back to try to have a Baylor-like offseason and jump.

+1
"Have fun storming the Castle!"- Miracle Max
“Endeavor to persevere”- Lone Watie
SDJay

Postby WBR Tom » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:00 am

Here’s a look back at Trey Alexander’s historic career, plus a career retrospective highlight reel I put together:

https://whiteandbluereview.com/trey-ale ... nba-draft/
WBR Tom

Postby Angry Dan » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:45 am

SDJay wrote:
Realhoops wrote:I don’t think very many people are surprised. He had a shot to be drafted last year, came back, risked hurting his stock and didn’t really make a leap, still has a shot, and next years draft class looks to be much tougher.

+1

+1
Angry Dan

Postby LJay » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:57 am

WBR Tom wrote:

St. John's, SMU, and BYU are now involved with Pop Isaacs, in addition to Creighton and Ole Miss.

Back to the portal …

St John’s has three open scholies and three guys who are pretty much on the top of their radar including point guard Kadary R and BYU got Dallin Hall to return so I’m not seeing a clear path to being a starter at those schools.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby vivid_dude » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:20 am

If you believe Twitter (and Helmzy), Kalk is staying and Pop Isaacs is coming to Omaha. Exciting day. I trust the coaches did the appropriate vetting.
vivid_dude

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:37 am

vivid_dude wrote:If you believe Twitter (and Helmzy), Kalk is staying and Pop Isaacs is coming to Omaha. Exciting day. I trust the coaches did the appropriate vetting.

I am sure they have, and if people don't think that is enough, they should notice that BYU is one of the other finalists... While Pops lived in Utah a couple of years and has some ties to BYU, I can't imagine them recruiting the guy without a ton of vetting

Would be an exciting lineup and rotation next year if Kalk is back and we get Pops here for next year!
Chicagojayfan

Postby bluejayfan00 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:42 pm

vivid_dude wrote:If you believe Twitter (and Helmzy), Kalk is staying and Pop Isaacs is coming to Omaha. Exciting day. I trust the coaches did the appropriate vetting.

Or we could all just agree if you throw enough shit at the wall, some will stick eventually

bluejayfan00

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:33 pm

When all of your inside info turns out to be bogus:

Wizard of Westroads

Postby Eye of the Jay » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:15 pm

Looks like good news incoming. Really, really hope it’s Kalk…

https://x.com/bluejaymbb/status/1784299 ... yzmqMPF-_A
Eye of the Jay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops