Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!
Post a reply

Re: Akron Game Thread

Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:06 pm

Freeman with 21 point but he needed 21 shots.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:06 pm

mgb66454 wrote:do we know what time the game is saturday? as someone who works during the day i’m hoping for an evening game.

I would love that. But I would guess it will be early afternoon. Think they kind of let tv dictate. Would be nice if it somehow ended up opposite the Omaha games just so people could go and still watch the Jays. Probably way too much to hope for, though.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:13 pm

Whatever the best solution is for Jays fans, the NCAA will do the opposite. Book it.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:24 pm

Usually game times for Saturday will come out around late tonight.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:43 pm

Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:47 pm

I would anticipate game time being in the evening. I bet Carolina/Michigan State will be one of the early windows, and then maybe gonzaga/kansas or Kentucky/whoever they play.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:48 pm

They gave us a good draw. Wasn't impressed with S Carolina/Oregon all year. After watching 1st half, I'm still not.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:48 pm

Came out flat and played a C-level game most of the way, still won pretty handily. Now hopefully we are over the nerves and can just play in the next one.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:49 pm

ictjay wrote:They gave us a good draw. Wasn't impressed with S Carolina/Oregon all year. After watching 1st half, I'm still not.

Kenpom 51 and 55, and look like it. No idea why South Carolina got such a nice seed.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:02 pm

If you're like me, the ending of that home game with Xavier back in '18 is seared into your brain. The ref who made that horrible blocking call that decided it was Evon Burroughs. He'll never win me over after that. Gotta say, though, it sure looks like he's trying really hard. We haven't lost a game with him on the floor since. Counting today, Creighton has won a pretty incredible 13 straight games when he's one of the officials.

Never thought I'd say this, but hope for Evon Burroughs from now on.
Post a reply