NCAAT

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: NCAAT

Postby REALITY » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:23 pm

Villanova 2018 is in that conversation as well. Beat #15 WVU, 14 Texas Tech, #4 KU, and #8 Michigan in the tournament by similar margins. Honestly, a much tougher path than this UCONN team.
REALITY

Postby 3ontheway » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:24 pm

That '84 Georgetown team was pretty ridiculous. 34-2
3ontheway

Postby DC_JAY » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:55 am

There's a difference between the greatest team ever and the greatest Tournament run ever. I think a strong case can be made that UConn just completed the greatest run in Tournament history. They simply dominated.

But they are not the best team ever. They aren't even UConn's best ever team.
DC_JAY

Postby vivid_dude » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am

Creighton is a projected 4-seed in Lunardi’s first 2024-2025 bracketology predictions. Playing Hofstra in Milwaukee with a second round rematch with Tennessee looming. Book your airfare now!!
vivid_dude

Postby vivid_dude » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:23 am

vivid_dude wrote:Creighton is a projected 4-seed in Lunardi’s first 2024-2025 bracketology predictions. Playing Hofstra in Milwaukee with a second round rematch with Tennessee looming. Book your airfare now!!

If this wasn’t good enough news, Jon Rothstein has Creighton ranked #7 in his just-released preseason rankings!

I’m amazed that these prognosticators are so good that they can make rankings on the college basketball landscape when most rosters are completely in flux right now. Impressive, and totally necessary!

My only takeaway from this nonsense? Creighton is high up in the respect category to be considered at these levels when most of our team *could* be gone.
vivid_dude

Postby jays34 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:30 pm

A couple sweet sixteens and an elite 8 tends to have that effect.
jays34

Postby BellevueJay » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:22 pm

jays34 wrote:A couple sweet sixteens and an elite 8 tends to have that effect.

That and I'm seeing growing speculation online that both Trey and RK will be coming back. Nothing yet from a major source/reporter, but the tide seems to be shifting that both will be back and I'm sure that's playing a factor in this as well. Having 80% of our starters coming back from a Sweet 16 run will give people a lot of confidence on how the team will do next year.
BellevueJay

Postby go_jays » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:56 pm

BellevueJay wrote:

That and I'm seeing growing speculation online that both Trey and RK will be coming back. Nothing yet from a major source/reporter, but the tide seems to be shifting that both will be back and I'm sure that's playing a factor in this as well. Having 80% of our starters coming back from a Sweet 16 run will give people a lot of confidence on how the team will do next year.

I think this would be a good move for Trey, for sure... and maybe Kalk. I think he still has some physical development in that body. He just turned 22. And the money is pretty decent because of NIL. Without NIL, it wouldn'[t make nearly as much sense.

I bet Trey learned a lot this year that he can use to better himself for next year. Not just things he can do in the off-season (think Baylor)... But in-season as well. I think he had placed a lot of pressure on himself last year. And I think some time away from the competition will give him an opportunity to process what happened and why.
go_jays

Postby blueblood » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:58 pm

BellevueJay wrote:

Where are you seeing this? I have not seen anything like that. At all.
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Postby BellevueJay » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:03 pm

blueblood wrote:
BellevueJay wrote:

Where are you seeing this? I have not seen anything like that. At all.

if you put their names in the old search engine on some social media accounts, you'll find it. After the Tennessee loss, 85%-95% of the comments were about both of them being gone. Now it's closer to 60%-70% of them returning. As I mentioned, nothing from anyone major, but I think (moreso hope) the rumors are starting from reputable sources, they just can't go on record with it.
BellevueJay

Previous

Return to Men's Hoops