NCAAT

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: NCAAT

Postby jayc13 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:51 pm

Probably should put it in its proper place.

Underwhelming first semifinal. Lots of bad offense. Second game should be much better.
jayc13

Postby #RollJays » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:04 pm

jayc13 wrote:Probably should put it in its proper place.

Underwhelming first semifinal. Lots of bad offense. Second game should be much better.

NC State is not a great basketball team. Marquette played like absolute garbage vs them.
#RollJays

Postby SeattleJay » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:41 am

While I will be cheering for the Big East in the championship, it’s hard to see a competitor that we are 7-2 against all time going for back to back national championships.
SeattleJay

Postby vivid_dude » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:25 pm

I am so curious to know how Kalkbrenner would have handled Edey. Clingan will be interesting enough. What could have been if we didn’t have that inexplicable five-minute stretch against Tennessee.
vivid_dude

Postby Realhoops » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:37 pm

vivid_dude wrote:I am so curious to know how Kalkbrenner would have handled Edey. Clingan will be interesting enough. What could have been if we didn’t have that inexplicable five-minute stretch against Tennessee.

So far Clingan is getting absolutely dominated.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby section221jay » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:54 pm

Almost nobody can guard Edey straight up. It's no insult to Kalk to say Kalk would struggle mightily 1 on 1. The dude is f-ing huge.
section221jay

Postby vivid_dude » Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:01 pm

Why is Clingan projected to be as high as the #3 overall pick in the NBA draft (lottery pick in most mocks, at the least), while Edey is in the mid- to late-20s of the first round and Kalk isn’t mentioned anywhere in two rounds. What am I missing?

I get that Edey and Kalk’s games don’t transfer to the modern NBA. But why does Clingan’s? Somebody who thinks they know, please tell me, because I can’t figure it out.
vivid_dude

Postby westojay » Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:04 pm

vivid_dude wrote:Why is Clingan projected to be as high as the #3 overall pick in the NBA draft (lottery pick in most mocks, at the least), while Edey is in the mid- to late-20s of the first round and Kalk isn’t mentioned anywhere in two rounds. What am I missing?

I get that Edey and Kalk’s games don’t transfer to the modern NBA. But why does Clingan’s? Somebody who thinks they know, please tell me, because I can’t figure it out.

Great question. I’ve been wondering the same thing.
westojay

Postby Realhoops » Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:12 pm

Clingan settled in a bit and at least mad Edey take some tougher shots as the half went on. Really feels like just slowing Edey down a bit will be plenty of UConn guards just hit some open shots,

Felt like Purdue played a really great half — and UConn missed a number of open looks. UConn by six. Feels a lot like the semifinal game in that regard.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby section221jay » Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:15 pm

As long as uconn doesn't let anyone else go off they'll be fine. Edey is going to run out of gas if they keep running him.
section221jay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops