NCAAT

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: NCAAT

Postby JacobPadilla » Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:25 pm

vivid_dude wrote:Why is Clingan projected to be as high as the #3 overall pick in the NBA draft (lottery pick in most mocks, at the least), while Edey is in the mid- to late-20s of the first round and Kalk isn’t mentioned anywhere in two rounds. What am I missing?

I get that Edey and Kalk’s games don’t transfer to the modern NBA. But why does Clingan’s? Somebody who thinks they know, please tell me, because I can’t figure it out.

He has a better combination of size, strength and mobility than the others do. Bigger and stronger than Kalk, moves better with better defensive instincts than Edey. What he did against Illinois (the Illini shot 5-38 when he was on the floor and 0-19 on shots he contested) was flat-out absurd and what those projecting him highly see. He's also quite a bit younger than the other two.
JacobPadilla

Postby Realhoops » Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:31 pm

He also has a very “NBA” nickname.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby bluejayfan00 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:03 pm

This UConn team is just terrifying. I have no idea how we beat them by 19.

Whether we like it or not, I think this team is going to have some all-time talk associated with it, and I think it'll be deserved. Not saying it is THE best ever, but they absolutely belong in the conversation. They don't have the most loaded roster compared to some other all time teams (although it's very good), they don't have 5 future NBA all stars, but man are they good.

They are one of the better coached teams I've ever seen. Off the top of my head, I cannot remember another team that played with this much intensity and attention to detail every single possession. They also run some really cool stuff on offense. Like Hurley said, you may be able to hang for 20-25 minutes, but eventually we break you. I hate that he's right, and I hate how good of a coach he is and how much he has them rolling. This two year run is insane.

Big East 4 of the last 8 national champions. Pretty dang good. Hopefully we can join the conversation someday :D
bluejayfan00

Postby CPJays » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:12 pm

Cam Spencer has been incredible tonight
CPJays

Postby jayc13 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:16 pm

Uconn's not shooting it well from 3. But it doesn't matter. They're getting good to great looks most possessions. And PU is way too Edey-centric in their offense. He's a black hole.
Last edited by jayc13 on Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayc13

Postby vivid_dude » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:17 pm

The conversation is brewing on Twitter from some notable college basketball analysts that UCONN is in the conversation for best ever.

I’ll jump on that bandwagon, even if I don’t believe it, just to say “Creighton decimated the greatest team in hoops history!”
vivid_dude

Postby bluejayfan00 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:26 pm

vivid_dude wrote:The conversation is brewing on Twitter from some notable college basketball analysts that UCONN is in the conversation for best ever.

I’ll jump on that bandwagon, even if I don’t believe it, just to say “Creighton decimated the greatest team in hoops history!”

They're absolutely in the conversation.
bluejayfan00

Postby 3ontheway » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:34 pm

Those dudes just make plays over and over and over. Even when shots aren't falling. Karaban shot terrible but made a TON of winning plays.
3ontheway

Postby Venturajay » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:15 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:
vivid_dude wrote:The conversation is brewing on Twitter from some notable college basketball analysts that UCONN is in the conversation for best ever.

They're absolutely in the conversation.

How quickly they forget, UCLA 72-73 best team ever no debate.
Venturajay

Postby bluejayfan00 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:22 pm

One other thing I’ll say and this is not meant to take anything away from UConn.. this may be the most dominant run we’ve ever seen, but not the best team- even though I still believe they belong in the convo for what they did.

But, I think the sport has been down in terms of really good teams the last couple years and it showed. I also think the star power and level of sure fire future nba all stars factors in.

The days of one and done, all American level future nba star freshman everywhere isn’t like it was 10-15 years ago.
bluejayfan00

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops