Coaching Carousel 2024

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Coaching Carousel 2024

Postby AttyAlum » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:35 am

We may need to take a look at our assistants’ salaries. It seems we lose quite a few. If a guy moves to take a HC job, that’s one thing, but these lateral moves are frustrating.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Trifecta » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:49 am

AttyAlum wrote:We may need to take a look at our assistants’ salaries. It seems we lose quite a few. If a guy moves to take a HC job, that’s one thing, but these lateral moves are frustrating.

Maybe, but we did give a nice bump to Huss to bring him back when he was flirting with Illinois.

I'm not going to make too much of it because a lot of the guys we were losing were basically "going home," to alma mater's or areas of the country where they have more connections.
Trifecta

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:46 am

Trifecta wrote:
AttyAlum wrote:We may need to take a look at our assistants’ salaries. It seems we lose quite a few. If a guy moves to take a HC job, that’s one thing, but these lateral moves are frustrating.

Maybe, but we did give a nice bump to Huss to bring him back when he was flirting with Illinois.

I'm not going to make too much of it because a lot of the guys we were losing were basically "going home," to alma mater's or areas of the country where they have more connections.

Exactly, in this case he played for LSU for 3 years out of HS and was probably looking to take on a bigger role on the staff. Here, he's currently on a staff with a former HC (Kellogg) and former Assistant HC (Miller)

It's part of the business that the coaches want to develop and take on more responsibility to progress their career. It's a credit to the program that we have guys moving up after their time here
Chicagojayfan

Postby Dough Boy » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:42 am

Angry Dan wrote:JCW leaving CU to take a similar position ar LSU. He did a lot of work with Kalk. Mitch could get a promotion according to the OWH

Good luck to JCW

FWIW, the OWH also mentioned Jovan Coleman, Creighton's other graduate assistant.
Dough Boy

Postby Realhoops » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:14 pm

Love Mitch. Hope we replace JCW with a killer recruiter — we can’t let the aspect of the staff slip.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Previous

Return to Men's Hoops