Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!
Post a reply

Re: Coaching Carousel 2024

Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:49 pm

Oklahoma State fired their head coach today. Terrence Rencher was the associate head coach.

Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:58 pm

I'm skeptical on holtman succeeding too. The key to DePaul IMO is having success recruiting CPL kids. And the politics of CPL are more complicated than Bosnia.

If he's smart he'll bring on an asst who can navigate that for him.

They'll be better with holtman. But we'll see if he can make them good.

Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:35 pm

Howard out at Michigan

Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:39 pm

Big east-wise i expect Miller to be higher on the list than Sha but both will get some play

Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:48 pm

cujaysfan wrote:I'm skeptical on holtman succeeding too. The key to DePaul IMO is having success recruiting CPL kids. And the politics of CPL are more complicated than Bosnia.

If he's smart he'll bring on an asst who can navigate that for him.

They'll be better with holtman. But we'll see if he can make them good.

that will definitely be difficult. From a Chicago perspective there used to be lot of highly rated kids who don't want to stick around the city to play, but you have to think that there is a ton of unrecognized talent around that would like the chance to stay local

checking 2023 - NW signed 1 from Kenwood Academy, Loyola signed 1 from Simeon
but otherwise the past couple of years they were going elsewhere - Illinois and further to places like Miami, Nevada,

Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:02 pm

Michigan fired Howard. Openings at both Big 10 powerhouses now. Makes Mac's new contract timing even better.

Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:06 pm

Dough Boy wrote:Oklahoma State fired their head coach today. Terrence Rencher was the associate head coach.

He wasn't here long enough to form a good opinion of him. But, I'd say we got a huge upgrade with JCW over Rencher.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:25 am

omajay wrote:He wasn't here long enough to form a good opinion of him. But, I'd say we got a huge upgrade with JCW over Rencher.

I would agree with this statement.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:22 am

College Alums who bombed at their Alma-Mater. Howard, Chris Mullins, Ewing, Bryan Mullin (maybe). Big East seems to be pretty bad about hiring explayers. Cooley was a PC guy, but we know how that ended

Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:41 am

D Jay Fan wrote:College Alums who bombed at their Alma-Mater. Howard, Chris Mullins, Ewing, Bryan Mullin (maybe). Big East seems to be pretty bad about hiring explayers. Cooley was a PC guy, but we know how that ended

Lucky for nebby that they bucked the trend with Scott Frost.
Post a reply