Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!
Post a reply

Re: 2024 Offseason

Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:36 pm

Kolder Fan wrote:
SendDustyIn wrote:
Jay09 wrote:Lived in Chicagoland area for 20 year—ate deep dish monthly—high school I had it like every weekend. To each their own-def not just a tourist thing

If someone offers you a shot of Malort, run.

EDIT -
cujaysfan wrote:Aurelio's maybe being the chain that people might recognize as most of those places that make it are awesome neighborhood joints.

Homewood ovens or bust.

I have been talked into the Malort shot while in Chicago on business - I will concur - it is literally the worst thing I have ever tasted.

Malort is "medicinal".. lol

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:11 pm

The Chicago Handshake!

And I'll admit I've only had frozen Homerun Inn. Which is a solid frozen pizza so I have to imagine fresh is pretty damn good. Added to my next Cubs trip list.

Anyone who gets a beef without Giardinera probably puts ketchup on a hot dog, kisses without a little tongue, has borscht on the fourth of July, and hasn't lettered in sh*t.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:55 pm

cujaysfan wrote:The Chicago Handshake!

And I'll admit I've only had frozen Homerun Inn. Which is a solid frozen pizza so I have to imagine fresh is pretty damn good. Added to my next Cubs trip list.

Anyone who gets a beef without Giardinera probably puts ketchup on a hot dog, kisses without a little tongue, has borscht on the fourth of July, and hasn't lettered in sh*t.

+1 Also the Italian Beef at Virtuoso here in Omaha is the closest I've had to an actual Chicago Italian beef. Their Giardinera is legit. Pricey but worth it.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:24 am

Deep dish pizza sucks. Not too far above St. Louis style.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:26 am

I don't like Geno's or Giordano's, but Lou Malnati's gets it right. Perfect sauce to cheese to crust ratio.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:35 am

Jaysker12 wrote:I don't like Geno's or Giordano's, but Lou Malnati's gets it right. Perfect sauce to cheese to crust ratio.

A place called Edwardo's used to do a good job with it a long time ago, but think they only have a couple of locations left now. They used to deliver them uncut with a cheap steak knife in the box :) Agree that Malnati's probably does it the best now -- My friends who come back into town generally go to Malnati's if they have the urge

Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:53 pm

Lawsuit filed today by St. John's players Chris Ledlum (Harvard) and Jordan Dingle (Penn) who want an additional year of eligibility because they were Ivy Leaguers in 2020-21 when the league canceled the season.

Whether they're successful or not, it's another case of death by 1,000 cuts for the NCAA. A suit like this might not have been filed 10 years ago, but there's blood in the water now.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:05 pm

WBR Tom wrote:

Lawsuit filed today by St. John's players Chris Ledlum (Harvard) and Jordan Dingle (Penn) who want an additional year of eligibility because they were Ivy Leaguers in 2020-21 when the league canceled the season.

Whether they're successful or not, it's another case of death by 1,000 cuts for the NCAA. A suit like this might not have been filed 10 years ago, but there's blood in the water now.

Crazy that I don't see how they don't get this waiver approved. Wouldn't have even made it to the table 10 years ago.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:17 pm

The only way they I see them winning it is if the courts just decide the NCAA can't enforce any of their rules, basically.

They don't have a leg to stand on. The point of the waiver for the 2020-21 season was so that everybody got their 4 years of eligibility. Since various leagues handled that season differently, the NCAA essentially just decided that it didn't count for anybody.

Ledlum and Dingle both played 4 full seasons outside of 2020-21. They got their four years.

Thu May 02, 2024 1:15 pm

Interesting concerning an opponent for next year. A bad case of Kalkdominateitis no doubt!
Post a reply