Marquette Game Thread II

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Marquette Game Thread II

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:55 pm

cujaysfan wrote:We're so scouting report dependant, their going five out really hurt with how we defend.

But, when it mattered it was great to see us close this one out.

Huge win by a legendary trio of Jays.

+1
Chicagojayfan

Postby LJay » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:07 pm

These seasons seem to go so fast. Hard to believe we won’t see this group in Omaha in its present form anymore.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby jaybacker11 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:30 pm

Makes me sad this is the last time this group is at the CHI. I think I especially have a special place in my heart for them because they stuck together & balled out after losing Art & Nemb. Extremely special trio of guys - should and will go down in Jays history as all time greats. Sad we didn't get to hear from Trey because he's an incredible player that did some incredible things for this program - and honestly, if he's getting 1st round / early 2nd looks... he SHOULD go. Love these guys - brought a lot of joy to us - let's go win a BET & Natty baby.
jaybacker11

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:31 pm

Post game radio guys said this was the hardest they have seen Creighton play all year.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby DC_JAY » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:37 pm

All's well that ends well! I won't lie, there was a moment with about 5 minutes to play when I thought: "Oh, God, Marquette is going to steal this!" From there the Jays outscored the Golden Eagles 22-10 to finish things out.

Scheierman's stat line: 26 points, 16 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals, 1 block, and only 1 turnover. Just incredible.

Kalk with five huge blocks and 19 points.

Trey with 18 points and 11 assists!

Bello was huge as well.

Not Ash's best game, but he had tough defensive matchups and was just a little off from long range.

The Jays held their own in offensive boards, steals, and turnovers--unlike in Milwaukee.

Should be top-10 when headed to Philly! Keep rolling. Go Jays!
DC_JAY

Postby SeattleJay » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:37 pm

CU up to 10 in Kenpom
SeattleJay

Postby BenningtonBluejay » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:42 pm

Outlaw_Wales wrote:Post game radio guys said this was the hardest they have seen Creighton play all year.

No disrespect to the post game guys, but that show is almost unlistenable
BenningtonBluejay

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:16 pm

BenningtonBluejay wrote:
Outlaw_Wales wrote:Post game radio guys said this was the hardest they have seen Creighton play all year.

Wizard of Westroads

Postby skinzfan23 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:52 pm

BenningtonBluejay wrote:

I’ve said it for the past few years but sometimes it’s almost as if they aren’t even watching the same game. They get stats incorrect all the time when they have a phone or computer they can look at, and they read on how the players played and how the crowd is, is way off, usually as well.
skinzfan23

Postby AttyAlum » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:09 pm

OKBluejay wrote:
Chicagojayfan wrote:I'm really trying to figure out what the refs call or don't call today

Mostly, you can just assume they're not calling it.

The easiest job in all of sports is Big East ref. You just jog back and forth and never blow a whistle. You could probably have ear buds in too if you wanted.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops