Marquette Game Thread II

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Marquette Game Thread II

Postby Syajeulb » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:41 pm

Which Marquette player was puking on the sideline? I saw it happen but couldn’t tell who it was.

Probably Oso’s roommate.
Syajeulb

Postby jaykorver » Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:30 pm

Syajeulb wrote:Which Marquette player was puking on the sideline? I saw it happen but couldn’t tell who it was.

Probably Oso’s roommate.

It was Tre Norman
jaykorver

Postby cu8493 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:48 pm

Hope they didn’t pass the flu bug to our team. Good thing we have a week to get through it if they did. We are now assured no worse than 3 seed in BET, I,believe.
cu8493

Postby Jaybird » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:16 pm

LJay wrote:Have you noticed that the slicked back hair dude ref who made the call against R2 and who does BE games has not done a Creighton game this year (that I can recall)?

That guy's name is Lee Cassell. I don't think he works BE games, like at all. We did have him a couple other times last year, but both those games were in Hawaii.

I’m glad Creighton recognized that ‘73-‘74 team. Such great memories, but such a bittersweet end to that season.

A future writer once has a very brief encounter with Ralph Bobik, as an opposing diehard fan who was yelling all kinds of things at Creighton. Bobik said something to him that the guy took as some kind of blinding insight that led him to rethink how he watched sports and treated opponents. Or, something like that.

I noticed that five guys from that team apparently have passed away. Seems really unusual for a bunch of guys barely into their 70s, if that. That team still seems star-crossed in a way.
Last edited by Jaybird on Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaybird

Postby vivid_dude » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:35 pm

Per Rob Anderson on Twitter:

Big East teams with wins vs top 5 opponents by double digits:

2024 Creighton - #1 UConn & #5 Marquette
2018 Villanova - #4 Xavier & #4 Kansas
2003 Syracuse - #3 Oklahoma & #5 Texas
1985 Georgetown - #1 St John's & #3 St. John's
1982 G'town - #4 Missouri & #4 Oregon St

Pretty cool stat! What a week. Let’s avoid St John’s in the Garden. Oddly seems to be the team that matches up best with us.
vivid_dude

Postby jays911 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:37 pm

Realhoops wrote:
3ontheway wrote:Out hustled, out toughed. But leading. Mac has to go off on the guys. You need to step on throats and play a lot tougher than that.

Totally outplayed by a team without its two best players. Inexcusable.

I usually enjoy your takes. Not this one. Hard to game plan for this one. And their guards are so much bigger and more physical than ours. Cam vs.Ash. Steven gives up 6 inches and 40 pounds. But Mac and the guys figured it out. Kudos to Marquette. But Kudos to our seniors today as well.
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Postby jays911 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:38 pm

GWJay wrote:Some super lukewarm takes by the board this game. Marquette had a good game plan with what they had playing. Ended up in a blowout. Great last couple minutes for the seniors. Think this is a win that looks great for our resume and for Marquette doesn't knock them much given what they were missing. 3 seed very doable with a strong finish.

Post of the day.
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Postby SDJay » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:49 pm

jays911 wrote:
GWJay wrote:Some super lukewarm takes by the board this game. Marquette had a good game plan with what they had playing. Ended up in a blowout. Great last couple minutes for the seniors. Think this is a win that looks great for our resume and for Marquette doesn't knock them much given what they were missing. 3 seed very doable with a strong finish.

Post of the day.

+1
"Have fun storming the Castle!"- Miracle Max
“Endeavor to persevere”- Lone Watie
SDJay

Postby drbluejay » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:49 am

Jaybird wrote:
drbluejay wrote:Senior day is my favorite game to attend no matter who we are playing.

Are you talking about Creighton or nebraska? It’s hard to keep it straight.

I have never been to a senior night at Nebraska. In fact, I have only been to a Nebraska home game twice over the last 50 years.
Jaybird, I see you forgot to take your nice pills. Maybe you lost the entire bottle of pills.
drbluejay

Postby drbluejay » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:22 am

skinzfan23 wrote:Baylor, Trey and Kalk were all great, but I think my player of the game goes to Bello: 5-5 with 12 pts and hit that huge layup and a 3 a min later when we couldn’t get a bucket at all!

I agree that the big 3 all stood out and were deserving of my standout player but FARABELLO gets my standout player of the game. It appeared 18,000 fans noticed Bello's game.
drbluejay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops