UConn Game Thread II

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: UConn Game Thread II

Postby Big Ben » Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:02 pm

Alphawalt wrote:
jaykorver wrote:
This is crazy. It has been 10+ years since they last beat a ranked team in a true road game yet they've won 2 national championships in the same period. I know their time in the AAC has a lot to do with it but still.

Great! Let’s make them 0-21 road games against top 25 competition after tomorrow’s game and 2-7 against us since they came back to the BE. We should make it as loud an environment at CHI as they did at their place this year. Let’s make the deciding game in the BE tournament.

+1000. Let’s go Jays!
Big Ben

Postby jaykorver » Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:51 pm

jaykorver

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:15 pm

jaykorver wrote:

Guessing this will be for the big shot lower bowl seats only. They can't even manage to use that t-shirt cannon to get tshirts out of the lower bowl. It's like they pretend the upper bowl doesn't even exist for promotions.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby SeattleJay » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:17 pm

Here is how I see the matchups:

1. Ashworth v Spencer: edge U Conn
Spencer is U Conn’s leading scorer and hitting 45% from 3. If SA gets hot, he can dominate a game and he is clutch

2. Alexander v Newton: Edge U Conn
Newton is the best player on the #1 team in the country and a lot of people think he is BE POY. Trey is very close in stats and is probably the best matchup in the BE for Newton (or Carter from Pc). Trey didn’t play well in the first game against Newton. Let’s hope he has a chip on his shoulder.

3. Baylor v Castle: Edge CU
Castle is full of potential. Possible first round NBA pick. Baylor is a finalist for the Wooden award and hot.

4. Miller v Karaban:: Edge U Conn
Caravan hits 40% from 3 and scores in double digits.

5. Kalk v Clingan/Johnson : Edge CU
Clingan averages a bit over 20 minutes a game. These are the 2 best centers in the BE. Kalk has experience, endurance, and strength advantage. Kalk doesn’t get in foul trouble.

6. Bench: Edge U Conn

I am looking to Trey and SA to have good games and outplay or neutralize their opponents on their home court. Baylor is on a roll. If Kalk gets touches (only had 5 shot attempts in the first game) we have a great chance.

Defend and rebound.
SeattleJay

Postby #RollJays » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:37 pm

SeattleJay wrote:Here is how I see the matchups:

Spencer is U Conn’s leading scorer and hitting 45% from 3. If SA gets hot, he can dominate a game and he is clutch

Newton is the best player on the #1 team in the country and a lot of people think he is BE POY. Trey is very close in stats and is probably the best matchup in the BE for Newton (or Carter from Pc). Trey didn’t play well in the first game against Newton. Let’s hope he has a chip on his shoulder.

Castle is full of potential. Possible first round NBA pick. Baylor is a finalist for the Wooden award and hot.

Clingan averages a bit over 20 minutes a game. These are the 2 best centers in the BE. Kalk has experience, endurance, and strength advantage. Kalk doesn’t get in foul trouble.

I am looking to Trey and SA to have good games and outplay or neutralize their opponents on their home court. Baylor is on a roll. If Kalk gets touches (only had 5 shot attempts in the first game) we have a great chance.

Defend and rebound.

Fun fact… Tristan Newton is shooting .365 from the field in conf play.
#RollJays

Postby RyanHolmgren » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:54 pm

Jays open as a 3-point dog.
RyanHolmgren

Postby SeattleJay » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:15 pm

#RollJays wrote:
SeattleJay wrote:Here is how I see the matchups:

Defend and rebound.

Fun fact… Tristan Newton is shooting .365 from the field in conf play.

Yes. He is a worse shooter than Trey.

Under 28% from 3 in conference.

I thought about making that one a tie but in the only head to head matchup, Newton shot and played better at home. Hopefully, some home cooking can get Trey to turn the tables.
SeattleJay

Postby Realhoops » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:38 pm

I would take Trey Alexander in my team over Newton every day of the week.

I would take Baylor over Castle (at least right now) every day of the week.

I would take Kalk over Clingan every day of the week.

Spencer is a potential problem. Karraban is a potential problem.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby SeattleJay » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:13 pm

Realhoops wrote:I would take Trey Alexander in my team over Newton every day of the week.

I would take Baylor over Castle (at least right now) every day of the week.

I would take Kalk over Clingan every day of the week.

Spencer is a potential problem. Karraban is a potential problem.

To be clear, I would “take” those guys on my team too. Very happy with the team we have. Some matchups are very competitive.

Ashworth is a great player, teammate and very likable. He gives up 3 inches to Spencer who is also a great shooter.

Hopefully, we will win tomorrow. I will be cheering hard for the Jays.
SeattleJay

Postby WBR Tom » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:01 am

Here's the Primer for the rematch with UConn, with a look at the Jays' path to getting the win:

https://whiteandbluereview.com/pregame- ... ng-streak/
WBR Tom

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops