Butler Game Thread II

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Butler Game Thread II

Postby skinzfan23 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:54 pm

I still remember years ago we had a guy by himself and he had characters of the village people and danced in the middle of the other 4 characters. That was a good show.

Otherwise, is there a replacement for quick change?
skinzfan23

Postby JayPharmAlum » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:55 pm

Jaybird wrote:
skinzfan23 wrote:I think we have only had 2 shows all year and lots of the Jays dancers

Okay, back to this for a second, 'cause it's serious. Butler even had a bulldog driving a little car around the court (Don't know if he was working the pedals, but I'm pretty sure he was driving). UNO had Red Panda, for God's sake. That woman will appear in your driveway if you pay her. (She's the hardest-working woman in the whole unicycle-plate juggling business). Can't we get anybody? What about nebraska's famed troupe of granny dancers? They should be available (whether they're alive is another question). Hey, I'm not asking for the Flying Wallendas, But somebody. Ras wouldn't have let us down like this.

I’ve asked the same thing. A couple of years ago we had a lot of halftime entertainment. Basically nothing this year.

Plus, no white out? No “abide” night? What gives?
JayPharmAlum

Postby skinzfan23 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:57 pm

White out is the last game vs Marquette this year
skinzfan23

Postby Jaybird » Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:04 pm

skinzfan23 wrote:White out is the last game vs Marquette this year

Stripes is the theme for Tuesday, where we're all supposed to dress like James Breeding, I guess.
Jaybird

Postby Jaybird » Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:07 pm

Dough Boy wrote:
Jaybird wrote:The most lopsided Butler home loss since...well, last time they lost by that many. Not sure when that was, but it had to be a while ago. I think Purdue smacked them pretty good, but that had to be a few years back.

So, you're saying we were Trey's one missed free throw away from owning the 30-year mark? That record would have stood for another 30 years (or, until Matta turns 110, whichever comes first).
Jaybird

Postby BirdBoy » Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:13 pm

JayPharmAlum wrote:
Jaybird wrote:
skinzfan23 wrote:I think we have only had 2 shows all year and lots of the Jays dancers

Okay, back to this for a second, 'cause it's serious. Butler even had a bulldog driving a little car around the court (Don't know if he was working the pedals, but I'm pretty sure he was driving). UNO had Red Panda, for God's sake. That woman will appear in your driveway if you pay her. (She's the hardest-working woman in the whole unicycle-plate juggling business). Can't we get anybody? What about nebraska's famed troupe of granny dancers? They should be available (whether they're alive is another question). Hey, I'm not asking for the Flying Wallendas, But somebody. Ras wouldn't have let us down like this.

I’ve asked the same thing. A couple of years ago we had a lot of halftime entertainment. Basically nothing this year.

Plus, no white out? No “abide” night? What gives?

BirdBoy

Postby JayPharmAlum » Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:21 pm

BirdBoy wrote:

Noted. It seemed odd to me so that makes sense.
JayPharmAlum

Postby Angry Dan » Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:01 pm

Jaybird is on fire. That will happen after a big road win at Hinkle.

I’m going contrarian, gonna call PETA on the Butler brass for stuffing that poor pup into the toy car at halftime.
Angry Dan

Postby SeattleJay » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:53 pm

Brooks, their leading scorer, only played 22 minutes and wasn’t in foul trouble.

What’s up with that?
SeattleJay

Postby #RollJays » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:56 pm

Butler should invest in some fingernail clippers. Baylor and Kalk would appreciate it.
#RollJays

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops