Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Butler Game Thread II

Postby section221jay » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:31 pm

Huge opportunity Tuesday
section221jay

Postby Realhoops » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:32 pm

section221jay wrote:Huge opportunity Tuesday

Really pulling for UConn to beat Marquette today.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby Jaybird » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:36 pm

skinzfan23 wrote:
Jaybird wrote:Can Kalk get into that All-Star 3 point contest tonight?

Has he ever made three in a game before?

A very timely display with all those NBA people in the building. If you're an NBA GM and you don't have your entire scouting dept at that game, you're just not doing your job. Well, okay, maybe send somebody to UConn-Marquette. But, c'mon, you got everybody already in town.
Last edited by Jaybird on Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaybird

Postby bugmuncher » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:39 pm

Baylor S. is insane, in the best sense of the word.
bugmuncher

Postby Trifecta » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:42 pm

Amazing win. Road wins are hard to come by in the Big East, let alone in the Hinkle House of Horrors. After a very mediocre 1st half, we absolutely turned it on in all phases of the game. What I loved the most was that we battled back out of the locker room, got a lead, and finally (in what seems like forever) stepped on their throat. We swatted away any attempt by Butler to get themselves back into the game. Baylor was a stud, Trey picked it up on both ends, and Kalkbrenner was very effective.

I loved the adjustment to get out of the drop and start hedging at the top of the key. Kudos to Mac and the staff. And some of the guys that killed us in Omaha - Telfort, Krapke, Floppy Jizzcock - were mostly ineffective.
Trifecta

Postby T-bone » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:48 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:Did Benoit shrink by 5 or 6 inches? according to the announcers.. but it was a long time ago!

Ellis obviously had no clue who BB was with that description, "runs like a deer."
T-bone

Postby Dough Boy » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:49 pm

Jaybird wrote:The most lopsided Butler home loss since...well, last time they lost by that many. Not sure when that was, but it had to be a while ago. I think Purdue smacked them pretty good, but that had to be a few years back.

Dough Boy

Postby Trifecta » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:49 pm

Dough Boy wrote:
Jaybird wrote:The most lopsided Butler home loss since...well, last time they lost by that many. Not sure when that was, but it had to be a while ago. I think Purdue smacked them pretty good, but that had to be a few years back.

Feels goooooooooddddd
Trifecta

Postby Realhoops » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:51 pm

Dough Boy wrote:

So you’re saying we will win the natty this year?
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby Jaybird » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:51 pm

skinzfan23 wrote:I think we have only had 2 shows all year and lots of the Jays dancers

Okay, back to this for a second, 'cause it's serious. Butler even had a bulldog driving a little car around the court (Don't know if he was working the pedals, but I'm pretty sure he was driving). UNO had Red Panda, for God's sake. That woman will appear in your driveway if you pay her. (She's the hardest-working woman in the whole unicycle-plate juggling business). Can't we get anybody? What about nebraska's famed troupe of granny dancers? They should be available (whether they're alive is another question). Hey, I'm not asking for the Flying Wallendas, But somebody. Ras wouldn't have let us down like this.
Jaybird

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops