St. John's Game Thread

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: St. John's Game Thread

Postby JacobPadilla » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:45 pm

Decided to dive into what I thought was the pivotal stretch of the St. John's game with a Twitter thread including video clips and quotes. I think that and the Providence game showed growth from the losses earlier in the season in terms of how the team handled adversity and responded, and Francisco Farabello was actually a big part of that.

JacobPadilla

Postby SeattleJay » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:13 pm

Jacob, most commentators only look at offense. I’m glad that you go deeper and look at both sides of the ball. Showed some good plays by SA jumping to the ball and Bello doing a few things.
Last edited by SeattleJay on Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeattleJay

Postby 3ontheway » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:17 pm

SA has been much more active and present on both ends of the floor these last 3 games. Not breaking down or forcing help nearly as much and looks more sure of himself in movement both with and without the ball on offense. 3 point shot still has been a little forced at times but overall much more effective minutes.
3ontheway

Postby LJay » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:22 pm

I’ve been pretty critical of SA primarily for horrid defense but he has been much, much better. He is fighting through screens and “skating to where the puck is going” instead of “skating to where the puck is now” like earlier in the season. This has made the entire team defense better by not having a teammate chasing his man from behind requiring others to scramble.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby SDJay » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:26 pm

LJay wrote:I’ve been pretty critical of SA primarily for horrid defense but he has been much, much better. He is fighting through screens and “skating to where the puck is going” instead of “skating to where the puck is now” like earlier in the season. This has made the entire team defense better by not having a teammate chasing his man from behind requiring others to scramble.

+1
"Have fun storming the Castle!"- Miracle Max
“Endeavor to persevere”- Lone Watie
SDJay

Previous

Return to Men's Hoops