Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: DePaul Game Thread

Postby LJay » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:28 pm

89 - 60
LJay

Postby WBR Tom » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:34 pm

Here's the Primer for DePaul tonight, as the Jays look for an unfathomable 19th straight win over the Blue Demons. DePaul has had some bad teams in recent years but this might be one of the worst. I'm not sure what they do well, or what their path to victory looks like on a given night.

If the Jays can't get a big lead and hold it long enough to clear the bench, it'll be a profound disappointment against this team.

https://whiteandbluereview.com/pregame- ... indy-city/
WBR Tom

Postby BBfan » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:08 pm

jaybacker11 wrote:Would love for Dotzler to get some good run in this game

I would not bet on it. The pattern in games recently has been: 1) Starters plus F.F. plays lots of minutes for most the game and build up a lead, 2) bench doesn't get time with starters when the lead is big, 3) starters get tired and give ground, 4) the lead isn't very large any longer so Mac won't trust the bench to help finish the game, and 5) a few of the bench players get about 1 minute of play at the end of the game.
BBfan

Postby LJay » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:18 pm

BBfan wrote:

I would not bet on it. The pattern in games recently has been: 1) Starters plus F.F. plays lots of minutes for most the game and build up a lead, 2) bench doesn't get time with starters when the lead is big, 3) starters get tired and give ground, 4) the lead isn't very large any longer so Mac won't trust the bench to help finish the game, and 5) a few of the bench players get about 1 minute of play at the end of the game.

^^^ Frustratingly true. Even Traudt and King are getting the treatment.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby VaJayJay » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:54 pm

Seat geek tix $1. For $11, you get a 6th row seat and all you can eat/drink!
VaJayJay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:37 pm

LJay wrote:
BBfan wrote:

^^^ Frustratingly true. Even Traudt and King are getting the treatment.

They'll get more opportunities if the starters continue to gel, but they need to step up and show they deserve the time

For Traudt, he's gone cold and Miller's outplaying him on both ends of the court. I like how he hustles and he's taking good shots, but it he hits them he'll get more time (he's 1/10 for his last 6 games vs Miller at 16/29)

For King, he's been struggling a lot and a lot of it is him fouling - in the same 6 games he's gotten 29 minutes and racked up 7 fouls and we've seen some of the defensive struggles he's had - think Jacob mentioned this but he's really getting caught in between spots right now and getting to the right spot too late and giving up buckets or fouling

I get that they need time to work through the slumps, but Mac also needed to get the offensive starters into sync, and I think that started to look better the past 1.5 games. Fingers crossed they'll be firing on all cylinders tonight
Chicagojayfan

Postby SeattleJay » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:44 pm

In 4 conference games so far:
Bello - 20 minutes per game
Traudt just over 10
Fred 3.8

Lawason and Green have played 1 minute in one of the 4 games

Dotzler has played 1 minute in 2 games for an average of .5

Baylor has averaged 40 minutes (due to one OT game)
SeattleJay

Postby Django » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:52 pm

I know it’ll never happen but I wish we could play Fred and Kalk at the same time
At Creighton Bob Gibson majored in sociology and starred in Basketball and Baseball. In 1957 Gibson received a $3,000 sign-on bonus with St. Louis Cardinals, but delayed his HOF Cards career a year to play pro B-ball with the Harlem Globetrotters.
Django

Postby section221jay » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:13 pm

Color guy on the tv crew trying too hard..."lots of energy in the building tonight!" Uh. No.
section221jay

Postby vivid_dude » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:20 pm

We just forced a turnover in the half court defensive set.

End of post.
vivid_dude

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops