Marquette Game Thread

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Marquette Game Thread

Postby Trifecta » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:15 pm

skinzfan23 wrote:Simply put, we needed AOC today

Underappreciated guy that hopefully time doesn't forget. I had immensely more enjoyment watching the Hawkins/AOC team than this year's squad. That team at least had some dog in them, despite lacking some talent and experience.
Trifecta

Postby Trifecta » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:17 pm

taa71458 wrote:Not a great day for the “don’t question Kalk’s toughness” crowd.

Marquette didn’t play well but consistently out hustled the Jays. No dogs on this team.

Expectations shifted to a round of 32 team.

I'll get killed if I say he played soft again. Because some take that as if you are saying he's a soft human being in every aspect of his life.
Trifecta

Postby skinzfan23 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:19 pm

Trifecta wrote:
skinzfan23 wrote:Simply put, we needed AOC today

Underappreciated guy that hopefully time doesn't forget. I had immensely more enjoyment watching the Hawkins/AOC team than this year's squad. That team at least had some dog in them, despite lacking some talent and experience.

I loved AOCs rebounding and clutch shooting, especially against Marquette 2 years ago but not so much the stepping out of bounds every game.
skinzfan23

Postby sdebole059 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:22 pm

I would be honest about the team in general but our wine and cheese fanbase is soft. Taking everything personal. Why can’t we question the players? They make a ton on NIL money anyway
sdebole059

Postby sdebole059 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:23 pm

Question Mac too, he shouldn’t get a protective bubble around him
sdebole059

Postby Venturajay » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:24 pm

The season is young and stating the obvious improvement is needed. I am probably wrong but sitting on my couch in California and not having any connection to this squad, the team looks lethargic and devoid of any dog in them. Outside of Miller, the current rotation is lacking in Power 6 athletic ability required at this level. I hope MAC shakes up the rotation and plays green and dotzler a little more.

Go jays!!
Venturajay

Postby jaysfor3 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:24 pm

1. If Mac doesn't take the bad with the good (e.g.; Dotzler turnovers = bad/Dotlzer slashing, creating ability. = good; Green turnovers? = bad/Green tenacity, rebounding = good...etc.) in playing some of the bench more, we're going to continue to lose especially in the 2H as we're frequently doing (like today even after a 10 day break) as the starters (Baylor, Trey, Kalk especially) are playing way too many minutes compared to our opponents starters it appears.

Those 3 starters seem noticeably slower, heavier legged in the 2H. And in defense of my desire to see some of the bench more, it's not like our starters aren't turning it over A LOT.

It could be a disaster, but I'd love to see what Dotzler could do in setting-up Kalk as well as Dotzler's ability to create and slash. Again, it could be a disaster, but I'd love to see what Green could do as another energy spark with put backs and rebounding, again knowing that it will likely come with some turnovers.

2. Ashworth should not start in Big East play or at least have the most PG minutes on the team. It seems obvious to me.

3. Until #1 and #2 get addressed we're on shaky ground the rest of season.

And yes, I commented on the imbalanced ref calls (true today) favoring Marquette. However, the ref's often suck in any sport these days it seems. You gotta control what you can control so bad ref calls minimize the impact to the game outcome.
jaysfor3

Postby section221jay » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:31 pm

There isn't a single chance in hell Mac goes to Dotzler unless there is an injury. None.
section221jay

Postby jaysfor3 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:40 pm

section221jay wrote:There isn't a single chance in hell Mac goes to Dotzler unless there is an injury. None.

Then why hasn't he been redshirted?
jaysfor3

Postby bluejayfan00 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:40 pm

jaysfor3 wrote:
section221jay wrote:There isn't a single chance in hell Mac goes to Dotzler unless there is an injury. None.

Then why hasn't he been redshirted?

Bingo
bluejayfan00

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops