Alabama Game Thread

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Alabama Game Thread

Postby gocreightongo » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:11 pm

Haven’t been able to watch, is anyone able to give me a summary of what happened to Kalk?
gocreightongo

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:13 pm

Realhoops wrote:Marshall didn’t like the flagrant call because it looked to him like “just a big guy creating some room for himself.”

I think he was focused on the forearm and to me that didn't look like enough for the call, but then I thought it really looked like the elbow hit him in the side of the head

All in all, happy to have a tie at half. If you said we'd only get 6 minutes from Kalk in the first half at the start of the game, I would have been skeptical

Fingers crossed Kalkbrenner's going to be OK pretty soon and that we can steal this one
Chicagojayfan

Postby GJT1347 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:14 pm

I get Kalk is a big guy and helps our D when he’s in there, but to have zero options to play decent defense when he’s out is not a good omen for next year.
GJT1347

Postby HandDownManDown » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:16 pm

Boo ya. He’s back out.
HandDownManDown

Postby LJay » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:16 pm

Kalk out warming up!
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Realhoops » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:18 pm

GJT1347 wrote:I get Kalk is a big guy and helps our D when he’s in there, but to have zero options to play decent defense when he’s out is not a good omen for next year.

I mean, it’s a little more complicated than that. Because we have him the entire defensive gameplan is premised on drop coverage and funneling everyone toward him and then counting on him to make things difficult. That’s the starting point for everything we prepare on D. Take that away mid-game and you can’t just snap your fingers and expect everyone to suddenly do something totally different than everything they have prepared to do for three years now.

That doesn’t mean there is no other option if you know you don’t have him and have to start from a different premise.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby jayc13 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:18 pm

Whatchu talkin bout Willis?
jayc13

Postby Django » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:20 pm

gocreightongo wrote:Haven’t been able to watch, is anyone able to give me a summary of what happened to Kalk?

Turned his ankle.
At Creighton Bob Gibson majored in sociology and starred in Basketball and Baseball. In 1957 Gibson received a $3,000 sign-on bonus with St. Louis Cardinals, but delayed his HOF Cards career a year to play pro B-ball with the Harlem Globetrotters.
Django

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:20 pm

GJT1347 wrote:I get Kalk is a big guy and helps our D when he’s in there, but to have zero options to play decent defense when he’s out is not a good omen for next year.

they just got done putting up 86 points on Purdue (who has a pretty good guy in the paint also) and 99 on Oregon a few games back. Bama can score on a lot of teams.

King can/will be a pretty good defensive player and for now most of our defensive scheme is built around Kalkbrenner, so it won't be a simple thing to try to switch things up
Chicagojayfan

Postby gocreightongo » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:22 pm

Django wrote:
gocreightongo wrote:Haven’t been able to watch, is anyone able to give me a summary of what happened to Kalk?

Turned his ankle.

Thanks!
gocreightongo

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops