UNLV Game Thread

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: UNLV Game Thread

Postby 5PointsBank3 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:22 pm

WBR Tom wrote:Here's the Primer for UNLV:

https://whiteandbluereview.com/pregame- ... ttle-unlv/
Always enjoy these write ups, thank you for what you do.

Looks like the NCAA court ruling today is allowing immediate eligibility (for the next 14 days) to multiple transfer players. UNLV’s Keylan Boone (brother of UNLVs top scorer Kalib Boone) should then be eligible to play tonight. He’s a 6’8” Sr, started his career at Oklahoma State, but played at Pacific last year. Averaged 14 points, 4 boards, and shot over 40% from 3pt last year.

I’m really hoping the shots are falling tonight. Seems like the ultimate trap game. Midweek, semi-away, unlikely to have a large energetic crowd, before a primetime national TV matchup… Or maybe I just have PTSD from our last few games against MW teams lol
5PointsBank3

Postby section202jay » Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:26 pm

Don't care how we win, just please win tonight. Lose-lose game. I don't understand why it was scheduled.
section202jay

Postby SeattleJay » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:09 pm

5PointsBank3 wrote:
WBR Tom wrote:Here's the Primer for UNLV:

https://whiteandbluereview.com/pregame- ... ttle-unlv/
Always enjoy these write ups, thank you for what you do.

Looks like the NCAA court ruling today is allowing immediate eligibility (for the next 14 days) to multiple transfer players. UNLV’s Keylan Boone (brother of UNLVs top scorer Kalib Boone) should then be eligible to play tonight. He’s a 6’8” Sr, started his career at Oklahoma State, but played at Pacific last year. Averaged 14 points, 4 boards, and shot over 40% from 3pt last year.

I’m really hoping the shots are falling tonight. Seems like the ultimate trap game. Midweek, semi-away, unlikely to have a large energetic crowd, before a primetime national TV matchup… Or maybe I just have PTSD from our last few games against MW teams lol

This must be why the line moved from 14.5 to 13
SeattleJay

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:41 pm

section202jay wrote:Don't care how we win, just please win tonight. Lose-lose game. I don't understand why it was scheduled.

Agreed. We don't get the benefit of it being considered a road game, but it is as close to their home as it could possibly be. Makes no sense at all.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby Bluejoe » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:35 pm

Everyone has been talking about the Alabama game. Trap game here. I also don't understand the neutral scheduling of this one.
Bluejoe

Postby JayPharmAlum » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:33 pm

Bluejoe wrote:Everyone has been talking about the Alabama game. Trap game here. I also don't understand the neutral scheduling of this one.

Has there been any explanation? It makes almost no sense unless we are getting paid because isn’t the return game in Sioux Falls?
JayPharmAlum

Postby JayPharmAlum » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:52 pm

CBS Sports thinks that Jasen Green is Trey Alexander. This will be an interesting game.
JayPharmAlum

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:57 pm

JayPharmAlum wrote:CBS Sports thinks that Jasen Green is Trey Alexander. This will be an interesting game.

Was just coming to post that. WTF? Talking up Trey and his stats while showing Green on the screen. Good lord.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:58 pm

JayPharmAlum wrote:
Bluejoe wrote:Everyone has been talking about the Alabama game. Trap game here. I also don't understand the neutral scheduling of this one.

Has there been any explanation? It makes almost no sense unless we are getting paid because isn’t the return game in Sioux Falls?

If that’s true it would make a little more sense. That’s almost the exact same scenario except in our favor. So both games end up being “neutral” without really being neutral, maybe.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:00 pm

… and now the CBS guy came out and said he’s rooting for UNLV in this one. Cool.
Outlaw_Wales

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops