Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Nebraska Game Thread

Postby WBR Tom » Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:33 pm

Here's the Morning After recap on WBR:

https://whiteandbluereview.com/morning- ... uge-night/
WBR Tom

Postby D Jay Fan » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:00 pm

I do feel the game is helpful in getting local/state talent to come to Creighton.
They watch NU fail year after year and figure why go there.
D Jay Fan

Postby Django » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:12 pm

Thanks to this victory my year will be better than last.

I may have the worst of luck, get in a horrible accident, lose all my money, lose my wife and family...

DIE...

I really don't care, I will go to my grave a happy man! :twisted:

Let's go for 10 in a row!!!
At Creighton Bob Gibson majored in sociology and starred in Basketball and Baseball. In 1957 Gibson received a $3,000 sign-on bonus with St. Louis Cardinals, but delayed his HOF Cards career a year to play pro B-ball with the Harlem Globetrotters.
Django

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:23 am

Django wrote:Thanks to this victory my year will be better than last.

I may have the worst of luck, get in a horrible accident, lose all my money, lose my wife and family...

DIE...

I really don't care, I will go to my grave a happy man! :twisted:

Let's go for 10 in a row!!!

10 in a row what?
Outlaw_Wales

Postby HandDownManDown » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:44 pm

You guys see Batenhorst showed up at the game in CU gear and a bunch of their mouth breathers want to pull her NIL for doing it?
HandDownManDown

Postby Jays26 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:02 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:You guys see Batenhorst showed up at the game in CU gear and a bunch of their mouth breathers want to pull her NIL for doing it?

Link?
Jays26

Postby Dough Boy » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:43 pm

Jays26 wrote:
HandDownManDown wrote:You guys see Batenhorst showed up at the game in CU gear and a bunch of their mouth breathers want to pull her NIL for doing it?

Link?

Dough Boy

Postby Jays26 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:36 pm

From our friends over at HHC.....

"Norm Peterson
Posted 22 hours ago
On 12/8/2023 at 4:42 PM, Norm Peterson said:
Nobody should be donating to 1890 unless and until they put a stipulation in their contracts that players being sponsored by 1890 aren't allowed to show up at a Husker sporting event wearing the logo, colors or gear associated with one of our rivals. You wear our shit or you don't go. Or you can just not get paid, bitch.

Actually, I'll go a step further. If you are under contract with 1890, you should not wear the colors or logo associated with ANY other program in public, whether you're at an NU event or not. And, if you're at an NU event, you ought to have to wear Nebraska logo gear. Period.

Should NEVER have a current Husker athlete wearing the other team's gear at a Husker athletic event. Absolutely never. No excuse for it whatsoever. If they do it, it needs to be in their contract that you pull their NIL funding. Period"

This fan base is unbelievable, a grown man getting so bent out of shape over what college kids are wearing. This piece of work would have done well in Germany during the 1930's
Jays26

Postby jays911 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:51 pm

Jays26 wrote:From our friends over at HHC.....

"Norm Peterson
Posted 22 hours ago
On 12/8/2023 at 4:42 PM, Norm Peterson said:
Nobody should be donating to 1890 unless and until they put a stipulation in their contracts that players being sponsored by 1890 aren't allowed to show up at a Husker sporting event wearing the logo, colors or gear associated with one of our rivals. You wear our shit or you don't go. Or you can just not get paid, bitch.

Actually, I'll go a step further. If you are under contract with 1890, you should not wear the colors or logo associated with ANY other program in public, whether you're at an NU event or not. And, if you're at an NU event, you ought to have to wear Nebraska logo gear. Period.

Should NEVER have a current Husker athlete wearing the other team's gear at a Husker athletic event. Absolutely never. No excuse for it whatsoever. If they do it, it needs to be in their contract that you pull their NIL funding. Period"

This fan base is unbelievable, a grown man getting so bent out of shape over what college kids are wearing. This piece of work would have done well in Germany during the 1930's

Wow, just wow. I didn’t know Norm belonged to Hamas.
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Postby Trifecta » Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:40 pm

What a douchebag. You are calling a young woman in college a bitch because she was supporting her boyfriend?

While I appreciate Baylor wearing neutral gear when he has been in Lincoln, I wouldn't give a crap if he wore something with a Husker logo to support his girlfriend. He would be subject to some good-natured ribbing but that's it. Can you imagine getting so mad that you'd call him a bitch, ask to bench him, or suggest taking his NIL away like some of the UNL fans?

The "greatest fans" shouldn't trash the players from the only relevant major sports team they have left. Can you imagine if volleyball suddenly became a bottom feeder in Lincoln? These people aren't well already...
Trifecta

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops