Nebraska Game Thread

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Nebraska Game Thread

Postby John Bishop » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:51 am

blueblood wrote:Somewhat short period of time but on my drive to work this morning no mention at all of the game on 1620 or 59 radio. Nada. Not one word.

You won't have that problem today after 2pm. Especially around 2:50pm. That I can promise you. :lol:
John Bishop

Postby blueblood » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:10 am

John, while we have you here. Thank you so much to all of the crew at 59 and 1620 for continually pumping all husker sports so we can watch the meltdown of just plain stupid hopes and dreams. Not to mention a lot of money I have made on betting against them. Looking forward to quarterback transfer portal talk for the next 6 months.
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Postby HaRdWoOd » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:55 am

Its a 12 hour commercial for Nebraska football, regurgitated all day long. It is an absolutely brutal listen.
The 29 point beat down yesterday will be swept under the rug.

By the way, does the OWH have a Creighton beat writer yet or are they just going to plug in Nancy from accounting?
HaRdWoOd

Postby JayPak » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:55 am

John Bishop wrote:
blueblood wrote:Somewhat short period of time but on my drive to work this morning no mention at all of the game on 1620 or 59 radio. Nada. Not one word.

You won't have that problem today after 2pm. Especially around 2:50pm. That I can promise you. :lol:

Love it!
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby 5PointsBank3 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:12 pm

HaRdWoOd wrote:By the way, does the OWH have a Creighton beat writer yet or are they just going to plug in Nancy from accounting?

To his credit, he did admit that he posted that as a 20-year-old college kid with money on Marquette, but not a great look from the OWH.
5PointsBank3

Postby Trifecta » Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:44 pm

John Bishop wrote:

Keep fighting the good fight! Troll away! And while you're at it, you may want to have your good buddy Jack Mitchell committed. Dude had a psychotic a meltdown on Twitter last night. It has to be a schtick otherwise the dude is disconnected from reality.
Trifecta

Postby Trifecta » Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:45 pm

5PointsBank3 wrote:
HaRdWoOd wrote:By the way, does the OWH have a Creighton beat writer yet or are they just going to plug in Nancy from accounting?

To his credit, he did admit that he posted that as a 20-year-old college kid with money on Marquette, but not a great look from the OWH.

Not a great start for him but so far his few pieces have been okay. But he's an infinitely less annoying follow on Twitter than Lorenzi
Trifecta

Postby Jayday » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:41 pm

What ever happened to that Lorenzi guy? I was never a fan
Jayday

Postby CUGrads03 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:35 pm

Jayday wrote:What ever happened to that Lorenzi guy? I was never a fan

OKC Thunder beat.

Can’t speak for the new guy’s writing as I won’t read it due to getting my info from much better sources. But, he owned that previous tweet very well. We’ve all been there, especially with money on the line. He’ll even I think I called Creighton trash that night.
Colors True...
CUGrads03

Postby omajay » Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:44 pm

Outlaw_Wales wrote:Overall just a really satisfying game. It largely came down to coaching, gameplanning, and then execution by the athletes on the floor. We won all three of those areas.

I absolutely hate this game, every year. It feels like it is just virtually always a no win situation for us. The quotes from their own players highlighted how much of a super bowl this game is for them, and we just have to get through it every year. I would love to stop playing them, honestly. The irrational part of me feels like I need the team to win this game even if it meant losing every other game on the schedule every year (and yeah, I know that makes no sense -- irrational). The rational part of me understands that last year demonstrates how relatively meaningless to the overall team goals this game is likely to be, etc.

Time to move on to a tougher test next weekend with Central Michigan.

I actually think the game means A LOT more to the fans than it does to the players. I noticed quite a bit of friendly discussions and banter between the players during the game. Mast was very complimentary of CU in the post game comments as was Fred.
omajay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops