Nebraska Game Thread

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Nebraska Game Thread

Postby HinkyDinky » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:02 pm

[quote="Jaybird"]a
Anyway, the world is full of people who make unfortunate fandom choices............ RC Cola ..........

Now you have gone too far sir!
HinkyDinky

Postby Jaybird » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:20 pm

I figured I'd hear from some Slytherin and Taliban fans, but RC Cola?
Jaybird

Postby vivid_dude » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:38 pm

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. I went to the Husker Hoop Central board and read through some of it. Holy crap. My apologies for being so judgmental around here. A handful of those fellas are certifiable.

Newest thing from Norm and his ilk: if an NU fan sold a ticket to a CU fan, they should have their season tickets revoked in all sports. In this day and age, it's difficult to fully shock anyone. I'm legitimately shocked that there are human beings this insanely disconnected from sensible thinking.

Again, it's not fair to make it representative of everyone, but certainly representative of a few too many.

All of this because one young lady supported her boyfriend - after he supported her in the past. Crazy folks be crazy!
vivid_dude

Postby Jaybird » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:43 pm

That does raise a question I've been wondering about. How do Jays fans score nearly an entire row of tickets right under the basket at the nebby end? I've noticed it in previous games down there. It's outstanding to see Creighton keep establishing such a significant beachhead in the middle of enemy territory, but that has to be really annoying for cornographer fans.
Jaybird

Postby JacobPadilla » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:02 pm

Jaybird wrote:That does raise a question I've been wondering about. How do Jays fans score nearly an entire row of tickets right under the basket at the nebby end? I've noticed it in previous games down there. It's outstanding to see Creighton keep establishing such a significant beachhead in the middle of enemy territory, but that has to be really annoying for cornographer fans.

They're UNL students who are Creighton fans. That's one of the student section areas. They must have gotten in line early enough to pick those seats. I know the one student who sort of went viral for wearing blue in the SC last time; he was there again this year.
JacobPadilla

Postby AttyAlum » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:46 pm

I don’t know how serious they are, but any married guy who wouldn’t support their wife is an asshole. Or a Norm Peterson.

Same with any wife vis-a-vis their husband.

For all we know, these two could be married someday. That Norm Peterson guy is way out of line. And almost certainly wifeless.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby AttyAlum » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:47 pm

JacobPadilla wrote:
Jaybird wrote:That does raise a question I've been wondering about. How do Jays fans score nearly an entire row of tickets right under the basket at the nebby end? I've noticed it in previous games down there. It's outstanding to see Creighton keep establishing such a significant beachhead in the middle of enemy territory, but that has to be really annoying for cornographer fans.

They're UNL students who are Creighton fans. That's one of the student section areas. They must have gotten in line early enough to pick those seats. I know the one student who sort of went viral for wearing blue in the SC last time; he was there again this year.

Those guys are the real heroes. ;)
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby CUGrads03 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:28 pm

thatoneguy wrote:
CUGrads03 wrote:I’d be miffed and a shade embarrassed if Baylor or any Jay got seen with UNL gear on, but my opinion as one singular lowly fan certainly doesn’t get close to what this guy is proposing or has vocalized. Yikes.

I do wonder if there are any sort of clauses or disclosures that come along with the money they take around what they have to wear and when. I mean, they are getting money, much like a sponsorship, but I have no idea if it anything like a sponsorship in reality. In pro sports, you see athletes having to grab their Prime or throw on their Rolex or hat from whoever the second they’re on TV. Gotta assume it’s not like that, but they’re taking money from someone. I’ve got to assume, while there’s probably behavior statements and expectations of certain conduct, that the rule don’t get this specific but I have no idea I guess.

Regardless, that guy is, um, a little over the top. I’d maybe facepalm myself but that’s about it from my perspective.

I've seen many Creighton student-athletes post photos with Nebraska gear on - mostly at football games in the fall. It happens. I don't like it, but meh, not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Yup. Facepalm and move along.
Colors True...
CUGrads03

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:19 pm

CUGrads03 wrote:
thatoneguy wrote:
CUGrads03 wrote:I’d be miffed and a shade embarrassed if Baylor or any Jay got seen with UNL gear on, but my opinion as one singular lowly fan certainly doesn’t get close to what this guy is proposing or has vocalized. Yikes.

I do wonder if there are any sort of clauses or disclosures that come along with the money they take around what they have to wear and when. I mean, they are getting money, much like a sponsorship, but I have no idea if it anything like a sponsorship in reality. In pro sports, you see athletes having to grab their Prime or throw on their Rolex or hat from whoever the second they’re on TV. Gotta assume it’s not like that, but they’re taking money from someone. I’ve got to assume, while there’s probably behavior statements and expectations of certain conduct, that the rule don’t get this specific but I have no idea I guess.

Regardless, that guy is, um, a little over the top. I’d maybe facepalm myself but that’s about it from my perspective.

I've seen many Creighton student-athletes post photos with Nebraska gear on - mostly at football games in the fall. It happens. I don't like it, but meh, not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Yup. Facepalm and move along.

I've never seen any Creighton student-athletes post photos with Nebraska gear on. I'll admit it -- I'd probably throw up in my mouth a bit if I did. I wouldn't rush out to social media or message boards and call for their expulsion from the state, forfeiture of their NIL and scholarships, internal discipline, etc. But it would definitely sicken me. I get that guys like Baylor who grew up in small town Nebraska likely grew up being brainwashed with Husker-dom all around them. But once you go to the rival and become part of that rivalry, I'd hope you'd suspend being a Husker fan during your time here. Like I said, though, I'd never publicly call for a flogging or anything.
Outlaw_Wales

Previous

Return to Men's Hoops