Return to Men's Hoops

Colorado State Game Thread

Postby drbluejay » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:47 am

Creighton between -7.5 and -8.5
The Rams are a good team
drbluejay

Re: Colorado State Game Thread

Postby YankeesJunkie » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:40 am

Should be a fun game, the 153 O/U seems quite low for the game. Two teams that know how to shoot and CSU's defense is not ranked in the top 100. Think Creighton pulls it out 98-76, Creighton has too many weapons on offense and this will be the biggest jump in competition for CSU.
YankeesJunkie

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:32 am

Won't forget the way they smacked us a couple years ago when the gameplan was to let their big shoot threes and he just kept knocking them down all day long and we made no adjustment at all because it was the gameplan to live with it.

This Rams team can shoot. I'm really interested to see how well we can defend the three point line today. I think against Iowa we pretty much took that completely away and made them knock down those mid ranges that they did knock down. Colorado State also loves to bomb threes -- they have a guy shooting something ridiculous like close to 70 percent, and their leading scorer is about 50 percent I think. So that seems like the logical focal point. Especially if Miller is out sick, it'll be interesting to see if we are successful taking that away again.

I think Colorado State poses some challenges we haven't seen yet, they are always really well coached, and they've been rolling so far this year. Should be a great test. Hope to see Trey bounce back today.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby SeattleJay » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:40 am

SeattleJay

Postby 5PointsBank3 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:36 pm

Lee Cassell, the ref who whistled R2 for the foul at the end of the Elite 8 game, is reffing the Loyola/BC game before us
5PointsBank3

Postby Chicagojayfan » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:58 pm

Outlaw_Wales wrote:Won't forget the way they smacked us a couple years ago when the gameplan was to let their big shoot threes and he just kept knocking them down all day long and we made no adjustment at all because it was the gameplan to live with it.

This Rams team can shoot. I'm really interested to see how well we can defend the three point line today. I think against Iowa we pretty much took that completely away and made them knock down those mid ranges that they did knock down. Colorado State also loves to bomb threes -- they have a guy shooting something ridiculous like close to 70 percent, and their leading scorer is about 50 percent I think. So that seems like the logical focal point. Especially if Miller is out sick, it'll be interesting to see if we are successful taking that away again.

I think Colorado State poses some challenges we haven't seen yet, they are always really well coached, and they've been rolling so far this year. Should be a great test. Hope to see Trey bounce back today.

that worries me a bit - particularly with Miller likely being out for the game. He can match up with smaller forwards nicely, whereas Traudt will struggle to keep up. Add in that our defensive strategy is built around Kalkbrenner hanging around the paint, and we might have some defensive adjustments we need to do today
Chicagojayfan

Postby Chicagojayfan » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:17 pm

Getting some open shots, but not knocking them down. I'd like to see us move the ball a bit more and try to go inside more
Chicagojayfan

Postby skinzfan23 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:20 pm

Are our guys awake at all? We aren’t playing D and everything is short on our shots
skinzfan23

Postby LJay » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:21 pm

Stinkola both ways so far. They have stunk less.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby 3ontheway » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:23 pm

Ashworth is getting abused.
3ontheway

Next

Return to Men's Hoops