Loyola of Chicago Game Thread

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Loyola of Chicago Game Thread

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:28 am

Chicagojayfan wrote:
. . .

I think yesterday was a good experience in the way they played Armstrong.

I've noticed this in your otherwise excellent posts for several games now -- you mean ALEXANDER, right? You've been calling him "Armstrong" all year. At first I figured it was just a typo or something, but after it happening now in multiple consecutive game threads, I'm not sure.

Anyway -- great thoughts, as usual.

vivid_dude wrote:
Jaybird wrote:
vivid_dude wrote:Kalk fell just short of 30 points. He must have mono.

I seriously have no idea what you guys are watching making these claims about Kalk.

And ref complaining? In that game? Jesus….

What Kalk claims are you prattling about? I just went back and read the thread. I just figured people must be unloading on Kalkbrenner left and right. There's one post--one--wondering whether he might be sick. And it wasn't even a "claim about Kalk". Everyone else who mentioned him seemed complimentary. So, where are all these "guys" "making these claims about Kalk"? Were you maybe looking a little too hard for some posts to complain about but, since they're not there, you just went ahead and complained anyway??

There were multiple posters calling him disinterested and playing like he had mono in another thread. There was a whole discussion about it. It carried over to here. You are now caught up.

This is vivid pointing to Kalk's better play *yesterday* to suggest people were out of their minds for saying he looked less locked in two or three games ago. Because, you know, vivid is all about logic. And when he says "it carried over to here" he really means HE thought it'd be a clever observation to bring it over to here because Kalk looked much more active and aggressive yesterday. FWIW, Mac himself has said in multiple post game interviews that he's talked with Kalk at halftime about needing to bring more energy and aggressiveness -- you know, because he has most often played the first half with a lack of energy and aggressivenes. In other words, Mac has said Kalk hasn't been as focused as he needs to be for long stretches of the games before yesterday. If you think he has looked absolutely locked in and dominant every minute of the season, that's cool. You know, everyone entitled to his or her own opinions about what he or she is seeing and all that.

He was absolutely much better from the tip yesterday. That does absolutely nothing to change what MANY have seen and thought about the prior games.

And if you think it's crazy for people to have asked if Trey might have been sick yesterday, especially given that Miller is out with an illness and these guys spend almost all of their time together, you must not have been watching him. He got his shit stuffed into his face about five times yesterday, had about three turnovers where he just threw the ball nowhere near any Creighton player, couldn't hit an open jumper, and was largely unable to get by anyone or elevate at all, and was really struggling to keep his guy in front of him on defense. He gutted it out and made key contributions in the second half. But it was not crazy at all for anyone to wonder if he might have been a bit under the weather yesterday.

Oh -- and yeah, there were a couple of really brutal calls yesterday. People pointed them out. Nobody cried that the officiating was screwing anyone, that it was having a huge impact, etc. Again, it's an OBSERVATION of what is happening DURING THE GAME. You must have an alert set or something so that if somebody mentions anything at all about officials or calls your phone goes nuts with flashing lights so you can come and lecture everyone that it's improper to ever even have a thought about the refs.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby Chicagojayfan » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:49 am

Outlaw_Wales wrote:
Chicagojayfan wrote:
. . .

I've noticed this in your otherwise excellent posts for several games now -- you mean ALEXANDER, right? You've been calling him "Armstrong" all year. At first I figured it was just a typo or something, but after it happening now in multiple consecutive game threads, I'm not sure.

thanks for the correction - YES I mean Alexander. I have no idea what kind of brain cramp I've been having, but a client had a deadline this past Monday so it's been a bit crazy for me
Chicagojayfan

Postby SeattleJay » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:06 pm

Mac did say that more than 1 player was under the weather
SeattleJay

Postby bleedblue » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:34 pm

SeattleJay wrote:Mac did say that more than 1 player was under the weather

Traudt didn't seem to play much in the 2nd half yesterday at all along with Trey seemingly being off all day. Hope both can get right for today.
bleedblue

Postby Omahanian » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:39 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:
Outlaw_Wales wrote:
Chicagojayfan wrote:
. . .

thanks for the correction - YES I mean Alexander. I have no idea what kind of brain cramp I've been having, but a client had a deadline this past Monday so it's been a bit crazy for me

I would blame it on auto-correcting spell check. 8-)
Omahanian

Postby cu8493 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:27 pm

bleedblue wrote:
SeattleJay wrote:Mac did say that more than 1 player was under the weather

Traudt didn't seem to play much in the 2nd half yesterday at all along with Trey seemingly being off all day. Hope both can get right for today.

Mac said Traudt not playing was because Loyola went with four guards and we were better matched with Farabello in and Baylor at the four. He said nothing to do with Traudt’s play/effort.
cu8493

Postby Realhoops » Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:47 pm

go_jays wrote:
Realhoops wrote:I know the Jays are up 14 — but going to need to play a LOT better tomorrow to get by Colorado State. Might be the best team we see in the nonconference.

'Bama?????

go_jays wrote:
Realhoops wrote:
FWIW — I’m not the only random person with this thought:

https://x.com/mjdemarinis/status/172601 ... CO0EbW4gxw

So I guess that means Matt needs to read my post too. :lol:

BTW... Matt says he's really high on CSU. I'd say he's just high. :D

Glad Matt and I were both high on this one.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Previous

Return to Men's Hoops