Intro Song

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Intro Song

Postby WyoJays » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:34 pm

I've been following a Creightakes tweet, and Matt D's responses surrounding the intro song for the team this year. Interested in hearing more perspectives not attached to Twitter.

Relevant links below:

https://www.change.org/p/reinstate-powe ... ball-games
https://twitter.com/CreighTakes/status/ ... 7416182990
https://twitter.com/mjdemarinis/status/ ... 3344174102
WyoJays

Re: Intro Song

Postby JacobPadilla » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:05 am

I think organizing a petition for this is pretty ridiculous. "Power" isn't special. Just find another song that works. I'm not even a music fan so I don't have one that I'd prefer.
JacobPadilla

Postby Django » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:05 am

Play “The Sick Bed of Cuchulainn” by The Pogues
At Creighton Bob Gibson majored in sociology and starred in Basketball and Baseball. In 1957 Gibson received a $3,000 sign-on bonus with St. Louis Cardinals, but delayed his HOF Cards career a year to play pro B-ball with the Harlem Globetrotters.
Django

Postby Longtimer » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:45 am

I can understand why there is a petition, the attempts at replacing it have all been failures. You can feel the crowd wanting to stand, clap in unison and sort of be built into a frenzy. But instead, we are forced into watching a video, a real buzz kill! Our crowd needs all the help they can get, we pride ourselves on having a pro like atmosphere and they're right. Show up late, sit on your hands until the equivalent of the fourth quarter, get loud for 10 possessions, win and go home happy. I shared season tickets to the Charlotte Hornets before moving back, I know the drill. We don't have 25% of the crowd students like Iowa State, we don't show replays (single biggest reason I probably won't be a season ticket holder next year after 17 years), our crowd needs all the help it can get! I will say it has gotten better over the years. But we are still not very close to being and elite college basketball crowd. And for a guy that travels 2 hrs in the the car with his wife to the games, I'm ready to yell for awhile!! Seriously though, if it's not going to be "Power", find something, because what currently is being done fails miserably to meet the objective. Just to throw it out there, a couple years ago someone on the board suggested One Republic "Love Runs Out", that definitely has a beat folks could clap to.
Longtimer

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:31 am

Longtimer wrote:Just to throw it out there, a couple years ago someone on the board suggested One Republic "Love Runs Out", that definitely has a beat folks could clap to.

Yes!!!!!!! Mo Watson got everyone clapping on that one.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby taa71458 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:23 am

taa71458

Postby Django » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:26 am

Wizard of Westroads wrote:
Longtimer wrote:Just to throw it out there, a couple years ago someone on the board suggested One Republic "Love Runs Out", that definitely has a beat folks could clap to.

Yes!!!!!!! Mo Watson got everyone clapping on that one.

Bad example. At tip off time Wop could have gotten a dead man clapping to Barbara Streisand.
At Creighton Bob Gibson majored in sociology and starred in Basketball and Baseball. In 1957 Gibson received a $3,000 sign-on bonus with St. Louis Cardinals, but delayed his HOF Cards career a year to play pro B-ball with the Harlem Globetrotters.
Django

Postby SendDustyIn » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:51 am

Zombie Nation til I die.

Now get off my lawn.
SendDustyIn

Postby Here'sToMe » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:56 am

This is a fanbase that still needs to be told to "Stand and clap to The White and the Blue" when the team runs out of the tunnel. There's no magic bullet song that's going to get the crowd on its feet, but it certainly isn't the return of the fourth-best song off "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy."

That said, put me down for Jay Z's "Dirt off Your Shoulder." All you really need is 15-30 seconds for an intro video, then a recognizable instrumental while the team is introduced.
Here'sToMe

Postby Jaybird » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:17 am

"Moon River", by Andy Williams. Instant energy. It'd blow the roof off the place. But some of you guys are hard to please, and you want choices. So, how about "The Last Farewell" by Roger Whittaker? A sure crowd-pleaser. There won't be a dry eye in the house. I think there's even an instrumental version out there somewhere.
Jaybird

Next

Return to Men's Hoops