Iowa Game Thread

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Iowa Game Thread

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:52 pm

I’ve tried for years to explain this. I’ll try again. Maybe some Iowa fans will learn too.

Generally speaking, there are a few really bad calls each game. Refs are human. It happens. In addition to that, there are around 15-20 calls that could be labeled 50/50, judgment calls. That is very unscientific. Maybe it’s 10. Maybe it’s 30. Regardless, on each of those judgment calls, both fanbases think they got screwed. The calls even out. Stop whining….EVERYBODY.

This has been my TED talk.
vivid_dude

Postby chairclanger » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:44 pm

My seats are behind the visitor's bench, so I had a front-row seat to Coach McCaffery. You can't doubt the man's intensity and commitment. He made a lot of good adjustments during the game. However, I think some of his negative energy spills over to his team. Iowa made that game close at the end because McCaffery rested his starters late second half and damn near made an incredible comeback at the end when he put them back in against a gassed Jays team.
chairclanger

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:29 am

vivid_dude wrote:I’ve tried for years to explain this. I’ll try again. Maybe some Iowa fans will learn too.

Generally speaking, there are a few really bad calls each game. Refs are human. It happens. In addition to that, there are around 15-20 calls that could be labeled 50/50, judgment calls. That is very unscientific. Maybe it’s 10. Maybe it’s 30. Regardless, on each of those judgment calls, both fanbases think they got screwed. The calls even out. Stop whining….EVERYBODY.

Love what you bring to the board Vivid, but this post is just massive arrogance.
SonofFrankTomera

Postby go_jays » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:14 am

chairclanger wrote:My seats are behind the visitor's bench, so I had a front-row seat to Coach McCaffery. You can't doubt the man's intensity and commitment. He made a lot of good adjustments during the game. However, I think some of his negative energy spills over to his team. Iowa made that game close at the end because McCaffery rested his starters late second half and damn near made an incredible comeback at the end when he put them back in against a gassed Jays team.

I noticed the same thing at the time... that he didn't have his starters in for quite a while... maybe even too long before he put them back in. But he sure did make it interesting at the end.
go_jays

Postby Jaybird » Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:53 pm

SonofFrankTomera wrote:
vivid_dude wrote:I’ve tried for years to explain this. I’ll try again. Maybe some Iowa fans will learn too.

Love what you bring to the board Vivid, but this post is just massive arrogance.

Just saw this. THIS is the post that screams massive arrogance to you? He's had thousands of posts, probably half of them lecture us about fan behavior, and this is the post that finally reaches your "massive arrogance" threshold? Well, welcome to the party, I guess.
Jaybird

Previous

Return to Men's Hoops