Iowa Game Thread

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Iowa Game Thread

Postby skinzfan23 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:48 pm

Sellout refers to the 17,352 number....anything over that number is considered a sellout. Sometimes they sell standing room only tickets as well. (must not have for the Iowa game)

The top 10 crowds all-time all over 18,500, with the top one being 18,868 vs Providence during Doug's senior game in 2014.
skinzfan23

Postby Jaybird » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:26 pm

But last year's corndog game also had an official attendance of exactly 17,352, and they sold SRO tickets for that one. No idea what their algorithm is, but only Creighton knows what a true, fire marshall's in a cold sweat, sellout really is.
Jaybird

Postby Django » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:34 pm

IIRC Mac had two “In The Huddle” segments and Fran had none? Anybody else catch that? It’s not a big deal but I do not recall that happening before. Guess you can say no thanks to FS1.
At Creighton Bob Gibson majored in sociology and starred in Basketball and Baseball. In 1957 Gibson received a $3,000 sign-on bonus with St. Louis Cardinals, but delayed his HOF Cards career a year to play pro B-ball with the Harlem Globetrotters.
Django

Postby go_jays » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:22 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:
go_jays wrote:
skinzfan23 wrote:Yeah, I think Iowa played a great game. Krikke did a great job exposing that mid-range shot, bc that is something that we are going to give up. Most teams don't have a shooter that can consistently hit that shot. Outside of Krikke, I don't think anyone on their team played amazing. Actually without him, you could argue, they wouldn't have even been in the game in the first place.

I have stated it before but Carver is a ghost town this season so far. They have avg a whopping 8,233/game. And that is the announced attendance, the actual attendance is probably closer to 5,000 avg. We are avg 16,793 for comparison.

This ^^^^^^^... there aren't that many 5s in the country that can shoot 61% from 15-16 ft. I'm trying to think of even one in the Big East? And ditto on how out of hand this game could have gotten for us if he shoots less than that. And if I recall, he hit most of those in the 1st half. In the second half he wasn't nearly as accurate... and we had as much as a 17 point lead... that we should have held onto for Christ's sake!

If I was Mac and played them again, I'd have the same game-plan... but throw in a hedge every now and then to just keep them guessing. And I'd prolly pressure the ball a little higher like we did against NDSU and make it a 17 or 18 footer for him.

Dixon is back at Villanova for one more year (I think?) and while he's not really a perimeter guy, team are going to take a shot at seeing if their big guy can shoot from outside when playing Creighton

Turnbull from Butler seems to be taking quite a few 3's this year also

Yeah, I forgot about Dixon. He had a career night against us last year. But shooting 3s, you'd have to make them at a 40% clip to equal the 61% that Krikke had from his mid-range game. If Dixon goes 6-8 from 3 and 11-15 overall against us again, I will buy you dinner at the restaurant of your choice. :o
go_jays

Postby Chicagojayfan » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:55 pm

go_jays wrote:
Chicagojayfan wrote:
go_jays wrote:...

Dixon is back at Villanova for one more year (I think?) and while he's not really a perimeter guy, team are going to take a shot at seeing if their big guy can shoot from outside when playing Creighton

Turnbull from Butler seems to be taking quite a few 3's this year also

Yeah, I forgot about Dixon. He had a career night against us last year. But shooting 3s, you'd have to make them at a 40% clip to equal the 61% that Krikke had from his mid-range game. If Dixon goes 6-8 from 3 and 11-15 overall against us again, I will buy you dinner at the restaurant of your choice. :o

As much as I'd love a free dinner, I think you're right. He had a crazy day though!
Chicagojayfan

Postby skinzfan23 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:18 am

Django wrote:IIRC Mac had two “In The Huddle” segments and Fran had none? Anybody else catch that? It’s not a big deal but I do not recall that happening before. Guess you can say no thanks to FS1.

Haha, Prob didn't want to hear his constant f-bomb being dropped.
skinzfan23

Postby skinzfan23 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:53 pm

I should quit reading the Iowa forum but I think their fans are delusional. They say that all Creighton fans did was whine and piss about calls all game long. Funny b/c the only time I recall fans booing was when was stopped from Sandfort being down on the court. (which play should have stopped due to an injured player) but overall this crazy talk from the Iowa board reminds me why I used to cheer for the Hawks, but will never again. I remember going to a football game there about 10 years ago and was amazed how childish grown adults look especially when they are drunk. People were puking and peeing all over the place in plain sight. Never seen a more disgusting fan base.
skinzfan23

Postby JacobPadilla » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:42 pm

I watched that run to start the second half again and had to write about it. Terrific stuff from Creighton. Total team effort and outstanding execution.

https://hurrdatsports.com/college-baske ... inst-iowa/
JacobPadilla

Postby Django » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:09 pm

skinzfan23 wrote:I should quit reading the Iowa forum but I think their fans are delusional. They say that all Creighton fans did was whine and piss about calls all game long. Funny b/c the only time I recall fans booing was when was stopped from Sandfort being down on the court. (which play should have stopped due to an injured player) but overall this crazy talk from the Iowa board reminds me why I used to cheer for the Hawks, but will never again. I remember going to a football game there about 10 years ago and was amazed how childish grown adults look especially when they are drunk. People were puking and peeing all over the place in plain sight. Never seen a more disgusting fan base.

The booing wasn’t just because of Sandfort’s lay down and the refs stopping play… the boos had already started and for damn good reason. Just moments before Trey was absolutely mauled on a made layup that put him on the floor. It was a horrible missed and-1 call and I was shocked the announcers completely ignored it. The stoppage was just seconds after that.

What happened next was a makeup call on Iowa fouling King as he made a layup. It was a little before Kings shot but King made the and1. The whole time Fran was going ballistic and his assistants had to constrain him (bad acting at the High School theater level). What was bizarre was Bahe going on and on about how King’s call was horrible and he didn’t blame McCaffery at all…

The fans complaining are scum. I’d stay away from message boards filled with Council Bluffs trailer trash… we unfortunately have a couple creeping around this board once in a while.
At Creighton Bob Gibson majored in sociology and starred in Basketball and Baseball. In 1957 Gibson received a $3,000 sign-on bonus with St. Louis Cardinals, but delayed his HOF Cards career a year to play pro B-ball with the Harlem Globetrotters.
Django

Postby ictjay » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:15 pm

I can handle a little pregame banter but reporting all the post game boo hooing makes my head hurt. What do you want them to say? They’re butt hurt.
ictjay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops