Florida A&M Game Thread

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Florida A&M Game Thread

Postby go_jays » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:53 pm

JacobPadilla wrote:Focused my post-game thoughts on the perimeter trio, the power forwards and Dotzler skipping a redshirt.

https://hurrdatsports.com/creighton-men ... lorida-am/

I love this quote in reference to Miller and Traudt... “They’re both very capable shooters,” Coach Greg McDermott said. “Everybody in our program has confidence in them and they know if they’re open, they’re supposed to shoot it. I don’t want them turning anything down because they missed the last one; that’s not the way we really think around here.”
go_jays

Postby WBR Tom » Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:37 am

ICYMI, here's my thoughts on the win over FAMU, plus a bunch of quotes, highlights and more:

https://whiteandbluereview.com/morning- ... on-opener/
WBR Tom

Postby go_jays » Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:05 pm

Nice... loved the highlights section!
go_jays

Postby JacobPadilla » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:44 pm

I put together a Twitter thread featuring clips of Alexander and Ashworth from the first game if you're interested in checking that out.

JacobPadilla

Postby Bluelulu » Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:55 pm

Don’t think I’ve ever seen that kind of analysis before. I found myself watching each clip multiple times, tracking each player while rereading your narrative. A real eye opener. Great stuff!

It’s amazing how they set the defense up and take advantage of any defensive mistake.
Bluelulu

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:10 am

Bluelulu wrote:Don’t think I’ve ever seen that kind of analysis before. I found myself watching each clip multiple times, tracking each player while rereading your narrative. A real eye opener. Great stuff!

It’s amazing how they set the defense up and take advantage of any defensive mistake.

Jacob has been doing that here for quite awhile, I’m just glad he is being compensated for it now.
SonofFrankTomera

Postby Jaysker12 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:36 pm

+1.

Related: Anyone who isn't on YouTube, Hurrdat is creating excellent CU basketball content with Jacob's inputs. I'm really excited to see more of your analysis and post-game breakdowns.
Jaysker12

Postby section202jay » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:37 pm

Speaking of Hurrdat, did Damon Benning leave or something? I thought he went there. Short stay if so.
section202jay

Postby Dough Boy » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:22 pm

section202jay wrote:Speaking of Hurrdat, did Damon Benning leave or something? I thought he went there. Short stay if so.

Dough Boy

Postby JayPak » Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:06 am

On 590, Benning is still an interview subject about the Huskers and high school football, so it's not like he's been totally blacklisted. And he continues to coach high school football, so it's doubtful he's in legal trouble. It doesn't appear he and Ravi had a falling out. So his sudden departure was weird.

Sidenote: Avarie Howard was a great replacement sidekick for Ravi, better than Andrew Rogers (the new sidekick going forward, who was with Benning before Ravi joined Benning and replaced him) and Ana Bellinghausen (whose strength is on-field interviewing more than studio analysis), but Howard only lasted a few episodes immediately after Benning departed.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops