Florida A&M Game Thread

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Florida A&M Game Thread

Postby AttyAlum » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:43 pm

Splashworth!
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby chairclanger » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:52 pm

I don't think you are going to see a lot of back-door covers from our opponents with this team. It appears that the walk-ons are hurt or redshirting, so our "scrubs" are all scholarship players. At the end of the game: King: 4* recruit, Troudt: 4* recruit, Lawson: 4* recruit, Dotzler: NE player of the year, Farabello: 5th year senior. This group is better than most of the starting 5's Dana was running out there at the end of his string.
chairclanger

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:06 am

Maybe this is the year Mac decides to go 10 deep!
Outlaw_Wales

Postby wildjays » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:11 am

Photos from the game courtesy of Brad Williams.

https://photos.whiteandbluereview.com/p247112857
White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays

Postby JayPak » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:21 am

AttyAlum wrote:Splashworth!

That's what I said at the game. The arc on his open shots looks so perfect, it's like it splashes through the basket. At least 5 of his 6 buckets were perfect swishes and maybe all 6 were.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby Jet915 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:02 am

Alot of good things tonight but i like what im seeing from Dotzler. If he can keep guys honest from 3 his dribble drive penetration and aggressiveness is something this team needs more of.
Jet915

Postby JacobPadilla » Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:00 am

vivid_dude wrote:It is way too early to have this opinion, but I’m already putting Ashworth in the Mitch, Ethan, Doug, Baylor category of “just shoot it.” Don’t care where. Don’t care how. Shoot. His shot, rhythm, form, feel right.

Yes, I’ve decided this after he started 2 for 3. Totally rational.

I think Mitch shares your opinion, if it makes you feel any more justified in having it.
JacobPadilla

Postby JacobPadilla » Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:01 am

Focused my post-game thoughts on the perimeter trio, the power forwards and Dotzler skipping a redshirt.

https://hurrdatsports.com/creighton-men ... lorida-am/
JacobPadilla

Postby Chicagojayfan » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:06 am

JacobPadilla wrote:Focused my post-game thoughts on the perimeter trio, the power forwards and Dotzler skipping a redshirt.

https://hurrdatsports.com/creighton-men ... lorida-am/

great article Jacob!

Hard to find much to complain about in a game like that, but I'm sure the coaches will have enough places they want to improve on film

I thought this was a great quote from Mac that you highlighted "“The four spot, we get 19 points and 14 rebounds out of those two, that was a good sign of progress from the Wayne State game,” McDermott said. “I thought they were both more active on the glass than they were the other night.”

We don't need them to hunt shots as they'll find a lot of opportunities where they are open due to the other players, and if they hustle on the boards like that, it could be exactly what we need given how good the big 4 are

The big 4 are all going to be great - Trey's looked really comfortable being the trigger guy in the offense, Ashworth can flat out shoot, Baylor looked aggressive and like he'd worked on his body in this offseason, and while Kalk didn't get a lot of shots, that was the opponent's D picking their poison

Given how many people are redshirting, we don't have a deep bench of walk-ons to throw on the floor at the end of games, but it was still great to see how well they played as a unit - I didn't see any garbage time play, they ran the offense, played D and, as Chairclanger said, as a unit the backup squad are a pretty good lineup themselves!

King's about as good of a backup center as there is in college ball, IMO. He still fouls a ton, but is a load inside and will get a ton of boards and bang inside. Traudt is a part of the starters as he and Miller look to be sharing the 4 spot, but he also played a bit of the 5 w/ Miller on the floor, I thought
Bello, as usual, looked in control and it sure would be nice to see him hit is career norm in 3PT%
Lawson's game still really intrigues me for the future - the long arms and the shooting touch just make me think of the potential he has
And Dotzler looked good - confident, fast and fairly decisive as well.
Can't wait to see Green healthy and back to get some minutes also!

I'd also add they looked a bit like they were tired of playing their starters/teammates and were happy to go play another team.

Going to be a fun year!
Chicagojayfan

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:35 am

I actually thought Kalk looked like he was pretty disinterested most of the night. FAMU had a couple big dudes, and they went at him a bit and were able to bully him a little and get shots off, took a couple face ups that he didn't even put a hand up, and he seemed a bit weak with the ball at times. Probably means nothing because of who the opponent was and how everyone else was playing, but it stood out to me that he didn't look nearly as locked in and active as the rest of the starters.
Outlaw_Wales

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops