Big East 2023-2024

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Big East 2023-2024

Postby wes134 » Mon May 06, 2024 8:45 pm

Not sure we're else to post this but WWE Raw is at UConn's arena, and Hurley was just in a segment, kind of funny
Feed The Kalk the Ball!!!! The Kalk is Hungry!!!!
wes134

Postby DC_JAY » Tue May 07, 2024 12:51 pm

SHU's Kadary Richmond just committed to St John's. Ouch.
DC_JAY

Postby WBR Tom » Tue May 07, 2024 1:01 pm

DC_JAY wrote:SHU's Kadary Richmond just committed to St John's. Ouch.

Seton Hall's NIL is a disaster, but St. John's having a billionaire superbooster bankrolling their NIL -- and not being quiet about his recruiting efforts -- has led some to throw tampering accusations their way over this one. Not that they care.

WBR Tom

Postby vivid_dude » Tue May 07, 2024 1:20 pm

Is there a rulebook which defines "tampering" in this age of NIL college basketball? I haven't seen one. And any old rules seem to be thrown out the widow, considering how vastly the landscape has changed. You can put that rulebook next to the fax machine instruction manual or your Blockbuster membership's terms and conditions.

It's a whole new world. Remember when you had to roll down your car window with a crank, public urinals needed to be flushed manually, adolescents didn't stare at screens for 80% of their lives, and college athletes weren't changing programs 2-3 times because of a few billionaire sugar daddies providing bags of cash?

Ah, the good old days...
vivid_dude

Postby Savannah Jay » Tue May 07, 2024 1:36 pm

vivid_dude wrote:Is there a rulebook which defines "tampering" in this age of NIL college basketball? I haven't seen one. And any old rules seem to be thrown out the widow, considering how vastly the landscape has changed. You can put that rulebook next to the fax machine instruction manual or your Blockbuster membership's terms and conditions.

It's a whole new world. Remember when you had to roll down your car window with a crank, public urinals needed to be flushed manually, adolescents didn't stare at screens for 80% of their lives, and college athletes weren't changing programs 2-3 times because of a few billionaire sugar daddies providing bags of cash?

Ah, the good old days...

In the last week, I read an article (can't remember source and can't find it now) that basically said a lot of college coaches are having to recruit their own commits because of all the tampering.

I found it interesting in Kalk's interview on Let It Flly podcast, when asked directly if anyone tried to recruit him away from CU, he didn't deny it. He just said, "i didn't even look because I knew I was either going to the NBA or coming back to Creighton."
Savannah Jay

Postby Jet915 » Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

Savannah Jay wrote:
vivid_dude wrote:Is there a rulebook which defines "tampering" in this age of NIL college basketball? I haven't seen one. And any old rules seem to be thrown out the widow, considering how vastly the landscape has changed. You can put that rulebook next to the fax machine instruction manual or your Blockbuster membership's terms and conditions.

Ah, the good old days...

In the last week, I read an article (can't remember source and can't find it now) that basically said a lot of college coaches are having to recruit their own commits because of all the tampering.

I found it interesting in Kalk's interview on Let It Flly podcast, when asked directly if anyone tried to recruit him away from CU, he didn't deny it. He just said, "i didn't even look because I knew I was either going to the NBA or coming back to Creighton."

Kalk could have gotten bank in the portal. Im sure he is getting alot from Creighton but speaks volumes about his loyalty that it was either Creighton or NBA for him, rare nowadays....
Jet915

Postby SeattleJay » Tue May 07, 2024 7:18 pm

It’s official: Kadary Richmond to SJU

Time to start a 2024-2025 Big East thread?
SeattleJay

Previous

Return to Men's Hoops