Arthur Kaluma

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Arthur Kaluma

Postby Syajeulb » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:19 pm

flixx wrote:Amazing pass he made at the end of the game at UCONN last night to Alex for the dunk :o

Actually think he's one of the best passers on the team. Some of his interior feeds this year have been exceptional.
Syajeulb

Postby bird_call » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:38 pm

Syajeulb wrote:
flixx wrote:Amazing pass he made at the end of the game at UCONN last night to Alex for the dunk :o

Actually think he's one of the best passers on the team. Some of his interior feeds this year have been exceptional.

He has the highest turnover rate on the team and the lowest assist per 100 possessions among any of our rotation players outside of Kalk. Gonna have to disagree with you on the best passer claim.
bird_call

Postby Syajeulb » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:22 pm

bird_call wrote:
Syajeulb wrote:

He has the highest turnover rate on the team and the lowest assist per 100 possessions among any of our rotation players outside of Kalk. Gonna have to disagree with you on the best passer claim.

OK, yeah. Those are not good stats. :D

He has made some sweet interior passes, though.
Syajeulb

Postby go_jays » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:11 pm

A lot of his turnovers happened during his attempts to get penetration off the dribble. He just gets going too fast. But he's really made an adjustment there in the past 3 games. You don't see him trying to take it to the rim nearly as much now. And when he does, his body control is way batter.

Just an overall way better job of picking his spots and letting the game come to him more. He's really calmed himself down quite a bit. I'm sure it was prolly a constant reminder from Mac that helped him make that change. :)
go_jays

Postby LJay » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:32 pm

9ppg and 5 rpg are gaudy stats for a frosh (in line with the god Freemantle this year). Too lazy to check but I would think those rival big Ryan’s first year. We are spoiled by having an abundance of good freshmen this year.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby ZMagic30 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:36 pm

I think Kalk averaged like 5 ppg and 3 rpg as a freshman. That’s just off the top of my head though, could be wrong. Kaluma is having a solid season, he just needs experience, as does most of the team
ZMagic30

Postby ZMagic30 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:42 pm

Also - Kaluma seems to be taller than advertised. Looks clearly taller than Hawkins and about as tall as Modestas, who is listed at 6’ 9

ZMagic30

Postby Django » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:51 pm

I’m glad to see that highlight reel, such a great force driving to the basket, very smooth and has made at least one or two really impressive shots or blocks or passes every game. I should give him more credit, I forget he’s just a freshman learning an extremely complex system and get frustrated with the turnovers ... BUT I’m glad he has Mac’s “trust” and has been allowed to keep his minutes and play through his mistakes. It tells me he’s a great young man with a bright future with the Jays if he wants to stay and likes Creighton. Reminds me a lot of Taz but to Arthur’s credit he has no fear... Khyri was a little too timid with his offense as a Frosh. You could say it was smart but Kaluma just went full out and without hesitation and it seems it’s paying off for him as the system starts to click
At Creighton Bob Gibson majored in sociology and starred in Basketball and Baseball. In 1957 Gibson received a $3,000 sign-on bonus with St. Louis Cardinals, but delayed his HOF Cards career a year to play pro B-ball with the Harlem Globetrotters.
Django

Postby Django » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:57 pm

ZMagic30 wrote:Also - Kaluma seems to be taller than advertised. Looks clearly taller than Hawkins and about as tall as Modestas, who is listed at 6’ 9

Z! Our Hero!

So I guess they stayed in NY between games. I forget how we’ve fared when we stay Back East... Anyone got our record in those games? I think last year they spent part of the time with Z’s family.
At Creighton Bob Gibson majored in sociology and starred in Basketball and Baseball. In 1957 Gibson received a $3,000 sign-on bonus with St. Louis Cardinals, but delayed his HOF Cards career a year to play pro B-ball with the Harlem Globetrotters.
Django

Postby LJay » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:28 pm

CU sure stays tight lipped on a kid’s condition.

Crickets.
89 - 60
LJay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops