Arthur Kaluma

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Arthur Kaluma

Postby 3ontheway » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:16 pm

apparently silence is bad, and saying the player is ok is bad also. the only way this hasn't gone with these annual February season killing injuries is to have the staff say immediately, it looks really bad...... then it might not be.
3ontheway

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:09 pm

Any updates on this? Anyone hear anything more official than the rumors that he's ok or out for the rest of the season?

Contemplating Big East Tournament tickets, but his status would probably make a pretty big difference on this team's ceiling given the way he's been playing.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby BillyBlueJay1201 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:16 pm

Just a lurker here typically, but I've heard that Art is out 2-3 weeks with a hyperextended knee. JC out for the season. Hawkins dealing with a sore knee.

Put your seatbelts on tomorrow..
"What a joke, I mean its absolutely comical" - Bill Raftery during the Wragge Bombing of 2014
BillyBlueJay1201

Postby BlueOrBust » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:38 pm

Mac confirmed JC out for the year on a radio show earlier today. The Kaluma and Hawkins news is not great. Does Mason want to burn his red shirt? He'd get instant action and I'll take that over what Modestas has shown so far.
BlueOrBust

Postby SoDakJay » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:58 pm

BillyBlueJay1201 wrote:Just a lurker here typically, but I've heard that Art is out 2-3 weeks with a hyperextended knee. JC out for the season. Hawkins dealing with a sore knee.

Put your seatbelts on tomorrow..

this is what i heard from my source as well. i heard bone bruise for kaluma and he’ll be out 2-3 weeks. jc has a broken foot. i’ve not heard anything more on hawk.

i’m not sure why it’s been so hush hush about these injuries.
SoDakJay

Postby Jaybird » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:52 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if half the dance team and Billy have gone down with knee injuries.

If you're, say, a 5'8" slightly overweight Creighton accounting major who's always dreamed of hoops glory, your ship may have come in, because I could easily see on-campus open tryouts any day now just to fill out our roster.

I have an idea for a new Creighton t shirt, and the bookstore ought to get on this ASAP. It would say Creighton Basketball but, instead of a Bluejay logo under it, it'd show an MRI machine. Hell, I'd buy one, because that's who we are.
Jaybird

Postby go_jays » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:04 am

SonofFrankTomera wrote:LJay doesn’t need me sticking up for him, but yes I’m sure he is aware. Excellent comma usage though!

Thanks!
go_jays

Postby TruBlu » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:27 pm

Is there any news on Mitchell? Is there any chance of him returning at this late date? An experienced player cant hurt if Kaluma out for the year.
TruBlu

Postby Realhoops » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:29 pm

TruBlu wrote:Is there any news on Mitchell? Is there any chance of him returning at this late date? An experienced player cant hurt if Kaluma out for the year.

Mitchell hasn’t even been able to practice for months. There is virtually no chance of him returning this year, I think. Also virtually no chance of wasting Miller’s redshirt.

Just hope Art can get back by the end of the year and no other injuries. At this point it really is what it is.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby SeattleJay » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:38 pm

Someone mentioned that Art suffered a hyperextended knee and would be out a few weeks. Is that correct? Trying to decide on going to the BE tournament.
SeattleJay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops