Trey Alexander

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Trey Alexander

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon May 15, 2023 11:02 am

Trey 21st on this nba mock draft. Art is 53rd.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/prospect-rankings/
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby j4jays » Mon May 15, 2023 11:55 am

Wide disparity in Trey's draft position. He's not listed in Bleacher report posted this morning. Tried to link the article without success. Whitmore, Hawkins and Jackson all listed as 1st round picks.

Makes sense for Trey to return and with great season would be 1st round next year.
j4jays

Postby Chicagojayfan » Mon May 15, 2023 12:08 pm

j4jays wrote:Wide disparity in Trey's draft position. He's not listed in Bleacher report posted this morning. Tried to link the article without success. Whitmore, Hawkins and Jackson all listed as 1st round picks.

Makes sense for Trey to return and with great season would be 1st round next year.

some of the widest disparities I've seen around a player in the draft. I guess we just won't be know until the evals are done. Either way, I think a year of additional S&C and work as the backup PG at CU would help him be a solid mid to late 1st rounder for next year.
Chicagojayfan

Postby DaJaysBB » Mon May 15, 2023 12:18 pm

I could see a team or two really falling in love with trey's game and be willing to risk a late 1st on him, especially if they want to develop certain traits in their own system.
DaJaysBB

Postby jays34 » Mon May 15, 2023 12:34 pm

DaJaysBB wrote:I could see a team or two really falling in love with trey's game and be willing to risk a late 1st on him, especially if they want to develop certain traits in their own system.

Right. This is what worries me. We all kind of see that he's a year away, but why not spend that year in an NBA system. I'd think the nba guys likely think they can develop him to the pro game better than another year of ncaa and may take a chance now. Maybe not.

That said, I wish trey the best and will root for him either way, but i sure hope he comes back.
jays34

Postby cujaysfan » Mon May 15, 2023 12:53 pm

It's a lot of chicken going on.

Team can tell Trey - we LOVE you, we're going to take you at our pick in the first round at 16 or whatever after a workout. And then not do that. By same token - another org that never worked him out could draft him.

So - Trey's team has to discern who is full of it and what to believe. You think there are shenanigans in the recruiting game? Professional drafts say 'hold my beer'.

Gotta be tough for a young guy to try and figure out.
cujaysfan

Postby Ethanfor3 » Mon May 15, 2023 12:54 pm

The combine just started. Give them a few days to compete and then we'll know much more about how things are shaking out.

Want him back next year, but my gut tells me someone will take a chance on him.
Ethanfor3

Postby JacobPadilla » Mon May 15, 2023 1:02 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Trey 21st on this nba mock draft. Art is 53rd.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/prospect-rankings/

That isn't a mock draft. It's a list of player rankings, I'm assuming compiled by Kyle Boone. He's higher on Trey than most. None of the three updated mock drafts at CBS actually have Trey in the first round.
JacobPadilla

Postby JacobPadilla » Mon May 15, 2023 1:04 pm

cujaysfan wrote:It's a lot of chicken going on.

Team can tell Trey - we LOVE you, we're going to take you at our pick in the first round at 16 or whatever after a workout. And then not do that. By same token - another org that never worked him out could draft him.

So - Trey's team has to discern who is full of it and what to believe. You think there are shenanigans in the recruiting game? Professional drafts say 'hold my beer'.

Gotta be tough for a young guy to try and figure out.

Promising a player and then not taking him would likely burn a bridge with the agent in question, which would be a very bad business practice.
JacobPadilla

Postby cujaysfan » Mon May 15, 2023 1:16 pm

and yet it happens more often than you think
cujaysfan

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops