Big East 2024-2025

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Big East 2024-2025

Postby SeattleJay » Tue May 07, 2024 9:00 pm

With SJU getting Kadary Richmond, they move up to 16 in Torvik’s preseason rankings

CU 6
U Conn 7
SeattleJay

Re: Big East 2024-2025

Postby LJay » Tue May 07, 2024 9:13 pm

Richmond playing for Pitino is interesting. Richmond is moody and takes plays off when things aren’t going his way and I don’t see Pitino putting up with that much.

Also, he and the Smith PG from Utah are ball dominant and poor 3 point shooters. Should be interesting. They are piling up pretty good players we’ll see if Slick Rick can turn them into a team.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby HandDownManDown » Tue May 07, 2024 9:19 pm

I once saw someone compare Calipari’s recruiting to someone who drove up to a McDonalds and ordered a number 2, a 5, a 7, and a 10, and then went home and dumped out the bag to see what he got.

This is the portal version of that approach. Ljay is right, St. John’s approach seems to be buy as much high ranked talent as they can and then figure out what they actually bought afterward.

They’re saying on the Hall board this might really blow up because Richmond is mercurial and neither Mr. Moneybags not Slick Rick will put up with that. I think they’re right, and boy wouldn’t that be a moment for the popcorn eating emoji? I know they moved up in Torviks rankings but I’ll have to see it on court to believe it.
HandDownManDown

Postby #RollJays » Wed May 08, 2024 9:00 am

LJay wrote:Richmond playing for Pitino is interesting. Richmond is moody and takes plays off when things aren’t going his way and I don’t see Pitino putting up with that much.

Also, he and the Smith PG from Utah are ball dominant and poor 3 point shooters. Should be interesting. They are piling up pretty good players we’ll see if Slick Rick can turn them into a team.

I really like Smith in Pitino's system. Kadary is obviously a talent but isn't a great system fit. I planned on hitting MSG next year for the SJU game so I am happy that they are going to have a really talented team. Pitino basically hit back to back homeruns with Smith & Kadary with 2 outs and 2 strikes because the portal was drying up fast.
#RollJays

Postby Realhoops » Wed May 08, 2024 10:10 am

Pitino calling Kadary the best passing guard in the country and comparing him to Magic Johnson. Gotta justify that money somehow, I guess.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Return to Men's Hoops