Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby TrueBlueJay » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:44 am

Bucky coming to Omaha! This is huge for our schedule. Have to take advantage of this early game...they are going to be tough down low, always are.
TrueBlueJay

Postby bluejayfan00 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:43 am

TrueBlueJay wrote:Bucky coming to Omaha! This is huge for our schedule. Have to take advantage of this early game...they are going to be tough down low, always are.

If the game comes through, no doubt it'll be a tough match up. They aren't exactly a load down low, as their "bigs" love to play away from the basket. Happ plays on the block, but he's pretty frail. Really skilled though. Vito Brown likes to play in the mid range, and Nigel Hayes as become much more perimeter oriented, trying to improve for the league. Koenig will be tough to handle from the outside, too. Khryi and Marcus would definitely be up to the challenge.
bluejayfan00

Postby section202jay » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:09 pm

Playing Wisconsin doesn't frighten me. You know they won't outscore you by much so you'll always be in the game no matter how crappy you play.

Any insiders know when a possible match-up with them could be? first or second game into the season?
section202jay

Postby WBR Tom » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:27 pm

section202jay wrote:Playing Wisconsin doesn't frighten me. You know they won't outscore you by much so you'll always be in the game no matter how crappy you play.

Any insiders know when a possible match-up with them could be? first or second game into the season?

Wildjays can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Gavitt Games are November 17-20 (Thursday-Sunday). However Creighton's first game in the Paradise Jam is the 18th so if this comes to fruition, it'll probably be Monday or Tuesday of that week.
WBR Tom

Postby cu8493 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:04 pm

Noticed this on HolyLandofHoops, and don't see it posted here, so if duplicate - mia culpa. I know there is a link which I assume is to the schedule, but rather than have to follow the link:

Gavitt Games pairings -

Providence @ Ohio State
Wisconsin @ Creighton
Seton Hall @ Iowa
Rutgers @ DePaul
St. John's @ Minnesota
Maryland @ Georgetown
Villanova @ Purdue
Northwestern @ Butler
cu8493

Postby jays911 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:07 pm

Badgers on November 14, 15, or 16, according to this Wisconsin message board: [link]
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Postby Old MVC Days » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:14 pm

cu8493 wrote:Providence @ Ohio State
Wisconsin @ Creighton
Seton Hall @ Iowa
Rutgers @ DePaul
St. John's @ Minnesota
Maryland @ Georgetown
Villanova @ Purdue
Northwestern @ Butler

Some intriguing ones in there. Many make sense geographically. Some make sense competitively. I don't think St. John's will be quite so awful this upcoming season, so they may have a shot at beating Minnesota. DePaul will probably roll Rutgers. Providence, Seton Hall and Georgetown all have decent chances at winning. Villanova's game will be tough and Butler's should be a win. Ours is probably the one toss-up game on that list. Would be nice to get a good, prime time game on ESPN for that one.
"This feels almost ... holy, as if Wragge and Co. were some breakaway group of ascetics who decided to shoot threes instead of chant sutras." - Deadspin
Old MVC Days

Postby wildjays » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:19 pm

Polyfro wrote:
section202jay wrote:Playing Wisconsin doesn't frighten me. You know they won't outscore you by much so you'll always be in the game no matter how crappy you play.

Wildjays can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Gavitt Games are November 17-20 (Thursday-Sunday). However Creighton's first game in the Paradise Jam is the 18th so if this comes to fruition, it'll probably be Monday or Tuesday of that week.

The games are scheduled during the first full week of the season. Last year the games were scheduled Tuesday-Friday that first week of the season which last year was Nov. 17-20. This year, the games that week may need to start on Monday Nov. 14 or Tuesday at the latest for teams like Creighton and Villanova so that they can get to their tournaments in the Virgin Islands and Charleston. I'm guessing for this year games would likely be scheduled Nov. 14-17th
White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays

Postby jays911 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:23 pm

wildjays wrote:
Polyfro wrote:

The games are scheduled during the first full week of the season. Last year the games were scheduled Tuesday-Friday that first week of the season which last year was Nov. 17-20. This year, the games that week may need to start on Monday Nov. 14 or Tuesday at the latest for teams like Creighton and Villanova so that they can get to their tournaments in the Virgin Islands and Charleston. I'm guessing for this year games would likely be scheduled Nov. 14-17th

See above. Wisky fans say the same, Nov. 14-16.
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Postby JayPharmAlum » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:26 pm

jays911 wrote:Badgers on November 14, 15, or 16, according to this Wisconsin message board: [link]

Well that sucks for this guy who has a trip to Mexico planned with a departure of Nov 15.
JayPharmAlum

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops