Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby Bluejoe » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:32 am

Agreed, LJay. Unless we have a potential POY or are preseason top 10, the big names will be matched with GTown, St. John's, Marquette.
Bluejoe

Postby taa71458 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:33 am

Creighton will be tweeting 2014 Non-C schedule at 11:30
taa71458

Postby whiteandblue77 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:31 am

TAA, it's 11:31 and you haven't re-tweeted this yet? Yer slippin' man.
whiteandblue77

Postby LJay » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:57 am

Central Arkansas to start on November 14

Chicago St. on November 16

Into the fire, Oklahoma November 19

Emerald Classic homie on November 23 vs a good (last year) North Carolina Central

Emerald Classic homie vs. Eastern Illinois.

So far, five home games to start with including a Top25 team and fourcream puffs unless NC Central is as good as last year.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby AttyAlum » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:13 pm

Wish someone would leak the date of the DePaul game. Southwest is running one of those $59 specials for the next week...
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby vjay » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:15 pm

LJay wrote:Creighton will never get Arizona or UCLA in such a challenge unless we are expected to challenge for a national title that year. The TV powers-that-be want Georgetown playing those teams not lil ol Creighton.

I agree to a certain extent. What if no Big East team has a NC contender in that particular season. If we are among the consensus top 2 teams in the BE that season and if Georgetown/Marquette/Villanova are not, then we would have a chance to play an Arizona or UCLA or whoever happens to be one of their projected top two teams. A lot of things would need to go in our favor, but never say never...

If you would have told me 15 years ago that Duke would play Wisconsin in the ACC/Big Ten challenge, I'd have said you were crazy... Look how that turned out. Go Jays!
vjay

Postby AttyAlum » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:32 pm

LJay wrote:Creighton will never get Arizona or UCLA in such a challenge unless we are expected to challenge for a national title that year. The TV powers-that-be want Georgetown playing those teams not lil ol Creighton.

Oregon might be interesting.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby LynchMob » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:55 pm

A lot of this was known but just to finish it off.

The Bluejays face their first games away from home on Nov. 28-29 as play in the Emerald Coast Classic resumes in Niceville, Fla., on the campus of Northwest Florida State College. CU will play against Ole Miss on Nov. 28 before concluding the event with a game the following day against either Middle Tennessee or Cincinnati...Creighton will open December with its first two true road games of the season. CU closes a four-year series with Tulsa on Dec. 3...The Bluejays will get their first look inside Pinnacle Bank Arena on Dec. 7 with a trip to Lincoln to face Nebraska...CU returns from Lincoln with a three-game homestand that begins on Dec. 9 against South Dakota...Perennial West Coast power Saint Mary's plays at Creighton for the first time in 35 years on Dec. 13...CU's final two non-conference games are against teams from Texas. Texas-Pan American visits Omaha on Dec. 19 before the Jays close out non-conference play on Dec. 21 with a game in Denton, Texas, against North Texas.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Postby Jet915 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:16 pm

Day Date Opponent Site Series History
Fri. Nov. 7 SIOUX FALLS (Ex.) CenturyLink Center Omaha N/A
Fri. Nov. 14 CENTRAL ARKANSAS CenturyLink Center Omaha First Meeting
Sun. Nov. 16 CHICAGO STATE CenturyLink Center Omaha CU, 3-0
Wed. Nov. 19 OKLAHOMA CenturyLink Center Omaha OU, 2-1
Emerald Coast Classic
Sun. Nov. 23 NORTH CAROLINA CENTRAL CenturyLink Center Omaha CU, 1-0
Tues. Nov. 25 EASTERN ILLINOIS CenturyLink Center Omaha Tied, 1-1
Fri. Nov. 28 Ole Miss Niceville, Fla. First Meeting
Sat. Nov. 29 Middle Tennessee / Cincinnati Niceville, Fla. First Meeting / UC 2-1
Wed. Dec. 3 at Tulsa Tulsa, Okla. TU, 43-35
Sun. Dec. 7 at Nebraska Lincoln, Neb. NU, 25-22
Tues. Dec. 9 South Dakota CenturyLink Center Omaha CU, 48-11
Sat. Dec. 13 Saint Mary’s CenturyLink Center Omaha SMC, 3-2
Fri. Dec. 19 Texas-Pan American CenturyLink Center Omaha First Meeting
Sun. Dec. 21 at North Texas Denton, Texas CU, 5-4

Prediction: 9-4
Jet915

Postby Panhandle Jay » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:28 pm

I could see us being a team that beats Oklahoma, looks impressive, then loses to teams like Tulsa and UNT due to lack of experience of some players.

I just want to win that Dec. 7 game. That's all I want.
NCAA Tournament appearances
Creighton: 23
UNL: 7
Panhandle Jay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops