Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby wildjays » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:07 pm

Field was confirmed by Paradise Jam officials today.

Creighton
Loyola Chicago
North Carolina State
Oral Roberts
Ole Miss
Montana
Saint Joseph's
Washington State

One other thing about this tournament is that there could be a 4th game outside of the bracketed tournament that could be the start of a home/home, though about the only team I would like to see that happen is possibly NC State. Ole Miss was in the Emerald Coast last year, have done H/H series with St. Joe's in past, probably don't want to book Loyola again and Oral Roberts and Montana would be buy games anyway. Washington State-would rather be Oregon, Cal, or Arizona.
White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays

Postby Jet915 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:30 pm

Paradise Jam also probably means we are out of the Gavitt games next year with our best lineup that includes Foster.
Jet915

Postby cujaysfan » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:38 pm

just announced that the 2016 paradise jam to be produced by maury hanks
cujaysfan

Postby Easypaddy » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:44 pm

Haha good one. You guys kill me.
Easypaddy

Postby wildjays » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:53 pm

Jet915 wrote:Paradise Jam also probably means we are out of the Gavitt games next year with our best lineup that includes Foster.

That isn't necessarily true. If Creighton can get a Tuesday game that week they could still do it. First game in PJ is in Friday that week. If the Jays have a great year this year it would definitely make sense to work around schedules and feature them in a Gavitt game with the returnees and roster they will have. They do work this year and it will all work out.
White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays

Postby Jet915 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:04 pm

wildjays wrote:
Jet915 wrote:Paradise Jam also probably means we are out of the Gavitt games next year with our best lineup that includes Foster.

That isn't necessarily true. If Creighton can get a Tuesday game that week they could still do it. First game in PJ is in Friday that week. If the Jays have a great year this year it would definitely make sense to work around schedules and feature them in a Gavitt game with the returnees and roster they will have. They do work this year and it will all work out.

I hope so, if we have a good year this year, add Foster and we can get a big name at the clink.
Jet915

Postby section202jay » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:51 am

Crappy lineup of teams. More so that we have played so many of these teams recently. Although they probably feel the same way about us.
section202jay

Postby R Jay » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:22 pm

I've been holding out on this for a while, but since it's done I figured I would post it. Here's my ideal OOC schedule proposal (including the 2016-17 games we already on the schedule):

1 - H/H or H/H/H with a Blueblood/perennial Top 25 team. They will likely want the first home game so this is slotted as so. For us this is a no risk/all reward game. - @
2 and 3 - H/H with two likely Top 50 RPI teams. We should insist on the first home game with one of the two, preferably with the better of the two teams. - H and @
4, 5, and 6 - Buy Games with three likely 100 to 200 RPI teams. - H, H, H
7 - Buy game with likely 200+ RPI opponent. This would probably be the opener. - H
8 - Conclusion of ASU series - @ ASU
9 - Continued series with Nebraska - @ Nebraska
10 - Possible Gavitt Tip-Off Games matchup? (if not, a buy game with a likely 100 to 150 RPI team) - H
11, 12, and 13 - Paradise Jam (NC State, St. Joseph's, Oral Roberts, Montana, Ole Miss, Loyola-Chicago, Washington St.). This is a really bad MTE with probably 2 200+ RPI opponents. - N, N, N

We would delay or cancel (if possible) the St. Joe's series.

So this schedule would give us: 6 H, 4 @, 3 N games. It would also give us 3-5 Top 50 RPI opponents, 5-7 total Top 100 RPI opponents, 3-4 100-200 RPI opponents, and 3 200+ RPI opponents.
There are probably more road games than desired, but if you want quality opponents on your schedule you have to be willing to go to their place (or play in a really good MTE - which we don't have).
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby BoarCommaThe » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:44 pm

I don't think we are in the Gavitt Games next year
You can't chase the night - World Wide Wes

Picture me Rollin - Tupac Shakur
BoarCommaThe

Postby R Jay » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:09 pm

BoarCommaThe wrote:I don't think we are in the Gavitt Games next year

You're probably right. It seems unlikely since we start play in the Paradise Jam on the Friday of the week that the Gavitt Games should be. However, since we don't know for sure yet I included it to be safe.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops