Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby HandDownManDown » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:26 pm

Mediocre teams get into top tourneys all the time; even the best tournaments need someone like Northern Iowa to round things out.

The fact that we've, well, NEVER been in a huge preseason tournament has to be more than just a lack of opportunity.

Plus, with our attendance, there is a big $$$ reason to get into these tourneys that give you two crap home games as a perk, rather than going to Atlantis or wherever to play three.
HandDownManDown

Postby AttyAlum » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:33 pm

R Jay wrote:Any idea how this will affect the road game we owe St. Joe's? Might they get that in a non-bracketed game?

Why do we owe St Joe's a road game?
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby vjay » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:10 pm

AttyAlum wrote:
R Jay wrote:Any idea how this will affect the road game we owe St. Joe's? Might they get that in a non-bracketed game?

We technically don't owe St. Joe's any games. CU and SJU have played two games of a 4-game deal. Both sides mutually decided to put the other two games (one in Omaha and one in Philly) on hold.

Jet915 wrote:I guess its somewhat official? Somewhat meh, NC State should be good, rest of field probably not....

NC State, Ole Miss, Creighton, St. Joe's, Loyola (Ill.), ORU, Montana, & Washington St are in the 2016 Paradise Jam, source told @CBSSports.

That's unfortunate as Purdue was in the original release of teams back in the summer. Looks like St. Joe's and Oral Roberts took the place of Purdue and Saint Louis. Montana appears to be the last team added. So... I guess teams in the field could change again, right? Please?
vjay

Postby R Jay » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:58 pm

AttyAlum wrote:

I could have worded that better. What vjay said is accurate.
I do expect the series to get played out at some point. St. Joe's can't pass up hosting a major team in non-conference play and it's a decent home game for us (at least it's better than your Central Arkansas, Chicago State, etc.).
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby section202jay » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:35 pm

St Joes is the turd that won't flush. So tired of them.
section202jay

Postby Jet915 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:15 pm

I say pass on St. Joes. We already travel to Philly and can get 1 for 1 with teams like Oklahoma and Arizona State.
Jet915

Postby LJay » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:19 am

After last year I'm sure some fans of NC State and others are saying the same about the Jays being in that field.

Perspective.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Jet915 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:46 am

We are gonna probably be the second best team in that field so I doubt it. If we were still the MVC, that would be different.
Jet915

Postby Dundee Hipster » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:23 pm

I think that gym they play in down there at the Paradise Jam is a crap hole from what I've seen on TV.
Dundee Hipster

Postby Jet915 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:01 pm

Dundee Hipster wrote:I think that gym they play in down there at the Paradise Jam is a crap hole from what I've seen on TV.

U are right, it looks like a high school gym but so does the one for the Maui invitational.
Jet915

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops